View Full Version : Does anyone here........

Flaptail
05-30-2006, 05:17 AM
know a guy with a Maritime Skiff around 20 feet long called "The Other Woman"?

I had some really nice fish on the go yesterday morning and these guys kept moving and anchoring up right in the drift. I couldn't believe it. As I would hook up they would move up on the area and set the hook. Right over the biggest pod of large. Man I wanted to scream. The area is one I found many years ago where big fish come into a tight non-descript little slew that everybody just passes by. It could have been a banner day if not for them. I guess I just had to vent. God was I frustrated but did manage a seven fish pick between 36 and 44 inches but there were much bigger fish there but they were sitting right on top on them. Arghhhhh!!!!!:confused: :jump1:

Raven
05-30-2006, 05:26 AM
does anyone have a connection that can look up that boat registration.

Biteme
05-30-2006, 06:10 AM
I think I saw that boat on the north side in the last couple of days

Skitterpop
05-30-2006, 06:18 AM
I`ve seen that boat somewhere but thats about all I know.
Must have been crazy frustrating. No manners / no fishing ethics.

:liquify: :whackin: :doh:

backbeach
05-30-2006, 06:34 AM
You dont give us much idea where you're located-I've seen a couple of boats with that name, don't remember if they were Maritme skiffs... Sounds like the "Other Woman" is a 'ho.....I feel you pain, for what its worth.

JohnR
05-30-2006, 07:39 AM
I think I saw that boat this weekend at the Hess / D&Ds on Cotuit RD near QMR or was it at Sandwich Marina :huh: ... The Other Woman

Flaptail
05-30-2006, 07:41 AM
It was frustrating but I don't think they were cognisant of what was up there so I didn't pull a nutty on them. If they looked like they knew and were doing it deliberately I would have boarded them in Piratical fashion. After all no one owns the water they were anchored over. Just that conditions were perfect, tide at the right stage, water temp was perfect and there was big bait being fed on that I have not personally seen in that area for a few years. Well, starting this Friday I am off to fish for two weeks and the same tide conditions will happen again, hopefully the fish will hang out but experience tells me that it's wait till next year. Oh well.

ProfessorM
05-30-2006, 08:26 AM
Hey Steve if you are talking about the place we love in the same drift we love he was doing the same thing on Sat. morning too. Selfish sob. As soon as I got out there I saw someone anchored up in the perfect area and wondered why.You do way better drifting with the current but I guess he didn't figure that out yet. That is why I prefer weekdays. Good catches though. P.

Flaptail
05-30-2006, 09:14 AM
Hey Steve if you are talking about the place we love in the same drift we love he was doing the same thing on Sat. morning too. Selfish sob. As soon as I got out there I saw someone anchored up in the perfect area and wondered why.You do way better drifting with the current but I guess he didn't figure that out yet. That is why I prefer weekdays. Good catches though. P.

The same exact spot Paul. I saw some fish that had my knees shaking as they tried to hit the plug at boatside. It's an aquarium east of there as well.

Slipknot
05-30-2006, 09:31 AM
Paul, I didn't see you out there sat.
I was there with danny but we went out past the lighthouse, the mouth was good but I guess I should have been where you were, only small fish for us but we had fun.

bluzjamer
05-30-2006, 10:43 AM
Reminds me of the time I was fishing the shore at Conimicutt Pt. in Warwick a few years ago. An Asian guy came up to me and asked if he could fish next to me. I said no problem just don't get too close.
Hey WTF it's a free country. All of a sudden I see two others off to my left in their undies pulling a net out and back to grab some mummies and baby stripers to toss in their boiling pot in the parking lot.
There were times I launched a boat in Wickford and on the way back you would see them all along the shore. You would swear you were in Nam! As far as the######, well the fiorst thing they do is find a lawn job and then steal some fishin poles and now the Asians are no longer a problem as they have been replaced by guess who. I almost want to give up and do something else with my free time.

Flaptail
05-30-2006, 11:10 AM
Reminds me of the time I was fishing the shore at Conimicutt Pt. in Warwick a few years ago. An Asian guy came up to me and asked if he could fish next to me. I said no problem just don't get too close.
Hey WTF it's a free country. All of a sudden I see two others off to my left in their undies pulling a net out and back to grab some mummies and baby stripers to toss in their boiling pot in the parking lot.
There were times I launched a boat in Wickford and on the way back you would see them all along the shore. You would swear you were in Nam! As far as the #####, well the fiorst thing they do is find a lawn job and then steal some fishin poles and now the Asians are no longer a problem as they have been replaced by guess who. I almost want to give up and do something else with my free time.

Bluzjammer,
:smash:
Ah, I think maybe we should keep this discussion to the question at hand and not use racial epithet's. I know Nam had it's own language among the "grunts" but I think you may have stepped over a line here no matter how you feel about asians, polish, Italians, brazilians or anyone else. This is not White Power.com, yet.

Flaptail
05-30-2006, 11:14 AM
Paul, I didn't see you out there sat.
I was there with danny but we went out past the lighthouse, the mouth was good but I guess I should have been where you were, only small fish for us but we had fun.

Danny, and you, would have chit yer pants there yesterday Bruce, big assed fish on pogies. Stifftip was killing them on Macks out front. I went by his boat and all three guys were on and every fish was 25 pounds at least. He must have landed 30 or more for the tide. He was red hot.

Slipknot
05-30-2006, 12:07 PM
ya, well ya can't be there everyday
I guess I was sleeping
tomorrow is another day

ProfessorM
05-30-2006, 02:35 PM
Bruce I was in the tin boat and I did not venture out past the point. I went on a last minute decision or I would have gave you a ring. I got there too late too. I should have been there before the sun came up. I saw 2 guy's come in as I was launching and they had 4 nice fish, all on plugs at false dawn. All I got was a few small keepers and plenty of smaller but I did see some really nice fish under the boat, and that idiot anchored up in my way.:whackin: P.

partsjay
05-30-2006, 03:00 PM
I have to try and fish with you guys!!!

I'll pay for gas!! I dream of that stuff.....and very rarely get to see it.

Nice Job Guys!!!

Slipknot
05-30-2006, 05:02 PM
I couldn't get up that early and was with Dan also so the fog kept us from going too early. launched around 6:30 or so.
we had a guy anchor in the drift area too, it happens, but when they keep moving their anchor it gets rediculous. Danny had fun, he caught the first 2 of the day.

bloocrab
05-30-2006, 05:51 PM
Nice fish Danny ... it's always great when you outfish your dad. I remember those very, very, very few days

Steve, sometimes it helps to vent...but this is a double edged sword situation, if you speak to these guys about how they're positioned, you'll give the idea that this is a productive spot thus increasing the chances of seeing them there more often, and possibly practicing the same method even though you advised them.
...by staying quiet, it's gonna keep on driving you nutz because they'll keep doing it, if it works for em'

good luck,

I'm ashamed to say it, but I've stopped reeling a fish in at a spot just because someone pulled up and started watching me ......with rods on the roof. I lost the fish, but still decided to take a break until they drove off....it was in the fall and there were no breaking fish, and as we all know,,,,if there's no fish breaking in the fall, there are no fish there at all. :gf:

Vermonter
05-30-2006, 06:10 PM
:D On a similar note, anyone happen to know 4 total jamocans fishing the east end saturday night, all sleeping in a 4 door sedan and all with "very slight" dorchester accents? I say sleeping but since theyd all been drinking one of them would get up to take a leak like every 20 mins and bellow out how they had fished hard and would be right back at it at 7 the next morning, naturally waking me up since Im a light sleeper. All this from roughly 1:45 to 3:45 when I was trying to catnap a couple hours sleep, finally gave up and turned on the radio low. All the while muttering to myslef while I sipped coffee....."well boys, dut to the tide Id say you want to be on the water well before 5 myself but theres no way in hell Im going to you that now". ;)

know a guy with a Maritime Skiff around 20 feet long called "The Other Woman"?

I had some really nice fish on the go yesterday morning and these guys kept moving and anchoring up right in the drift. I couldn't believe it. As I would hook up they would move up on the area and set the hook. Right over the biggest pod of large. Man I wanted to scream. The area is one I found many years ago where big fish come into a tight non-descript little slew that everybody just passes by. It could have been a banner day if not for them. I guess I just had to vent. God was I frustrated but did manage a seven fish pick between 36 and 44 inches but there were much bigger fish there but they were sitting right on top on them. Arghhhhh!!!!!:confused: :jump1:

justplugit
05-30-2006, 08:20 PM
Oh man Slip, it doesn't get much betta than that. :doh: Early AM with your son catchin in your handmade boat. :btu: