View Full Version : sizing on korkers

scoobe
06-01-2006, 11:01 PM
Hi guys, I'm looking to pick up a second pair of Korkers so that I have an emergency backup and/or a pair to lend to a friend (so many times I could not invite people with me because they didn't have proper footwear!). I will be using these with both a bootfoot and stocking foot type waders. My normal shoe size is around 9-9.5. My current pair of Korkers is a M but is a bit snug when slipped around the boots. It's a tight enough fit that they stick on the boot unstrapped and I have to pull them off with a lil bit of effort. I think I tried on the L once and it was too big. This may have been another brand product, though, don't remember for certain. Should I just go with the M size again or should I try the L? It seems like I'm right on the border in terms of sizing. I'm just afraid the constant slipping on and off will flex the rubber and eventually cause it to crack and fail. Any recommendations?

Bob Thomas
06-02-2006, 12:32 AM
Scoobe,

I have a size 7 hip wader boot foot and a size 8 stocking foot chest wader that I use a size 8 boot on. Korkers said a Med. would be best but I find that in BOTH, it appears the korker is a bit large. Almost seems like they need something like a M-L, almost a half size.

I'm new to the "KORKER" world so I was a little skeptical. I would think, in hindsite, that a size small would have been better for me as it the boots would stick out a little but that could be made up for in the straps. I dunno :faga:

Pete_G
06-02-2006, 07:20 AM
Hi guys, I'm looking to pick up a second pair of Korkers so that I have an emergency backup and/or a pair to lend to a friend (so many times I could not invite people with me because they didn't have proper footwear!). I will be using these with both a bootfoot and stocking foot type waders. My normal shoe size is around 9-9.5. My current pair of Korkers is a M but is a bit snug when slipped around the boots. It's a tight enough fit that they stick on the boot unstrapped and I have to pull them off with a lil bit of effort. I think I tried on the L once and it was too big. This may have been another brand product, though, don't remember for certain. Should I just go with the M size again or should I try the L? It seems like I'm right on the border in terms of sizing. I'm just afraid the constant slipping on and off will flex the rubber and eventually cause it to crack and fail. Any recommendations?

I'm afraid there's not much you can do, I have the exact same size foot and I'm in limbo all the time too. Like Bob Thomas, I could use a M-L. I have 2 pairs of bootfoot waders in service, one Simms and one Orvis, both size 9. The medium K-5000 I have to force onto the boot when they are new although they do fit, and large is way too big. The medium K1100 lace up is the best fit for me, but it's real close to being too small.

I wouldn't be afraid of a little space around your foot if you do go with the large though, just lace them up tight and you should be fine. A lot of people wear their Korkers that way. Extra laces, duct tape, whatever keeps them on your foot.:hee:

Slick Moedee
06-02-2006, 07:33 AM
tried to rig up a spacer to make up the difference in the toe or heel, in addtion to lacing them up tight?

reelecstasy
06-02-2006, 08:11 AM
My size 13 fit in a large :hee:

Redsoxticket
06-02-2006, 09:44 AM
Size 9 wading shoe and boot foot fit snug into K-5000 medium. If the wading shoe/boot is cut to big due to manufacturer and style then the korkers can be marginally small or very snug. In this case find the style wading shoe/boot foot in your size that fits the korkers. Korkers that have room to spare are more dangerous and caution should be exercised (walk like Frankenstien). Your mind knows where your toes should be located and the snug fit is perfect the perfect sizing, IMO.

scoobe
06-02-2006, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone. This just confirms what I thought so I guess I will stick with the M size.