View Full Version : First launch last night

MrHunters
06-03-2006, 11:47 AM
Went out last night with the new boat. Had to bug and bug and bug the sales guy at the marina to get her ready for the weekend. FINALLY got the call last night and had an hour of daylight left... Headed out to Gloucester breakwater and back....

Cloudy but no wind or rain. I can't explain the difference having the confidence your going to make it there and back with no motor issues. We had many walks of shame last year...AND the gas gauge didn't move a milimeter, which is a huge change from lasts years 1974 65hp merc which spat out 3/4 unused gas...

Now time to do some fishin!

I would recommend Gloucester marine for there sales not because of their speediness to get me in the water but there attitude, they didnt try to upsell me, if anything i had to sell the boat to myself, plus I got the feeling they really new what they were doing and were willing to work with all my needs and questions. Had to work with some other marinas in this process and did not get that type of customer service AT ALL.:liquify:

taJon
06-03-2006, 04:01 PM
you mean cape ann marina right? JK AWSOME cant wait. We are on our way to a fleet. :D

MrHunters
06-03-2006, 05:19 PM
yep thats what i meant... :huh:

i st st st st studder too.

thefishingfreak
06-03-2006, 05:42 PM
sweet good luck.
now if it ever stops raining

MrHunters
06-03-2006, 06:19 PM
sweet good luck.
now if it ever stops raining

going out tomorrow morning rain or shine...
christmas only comes once a year afterall

as long as theres no wind and the chop is relativly small

i wont melt but my friend may :cheers:

taJon
06-04-2006, 08:16 AM
I hope that wasn't a shot at me ;)

If I wasn't in NC I'd be there. I'll be home tonight at 12 midnight, lets catch some fish :yawn:

nightfighter
06-04-2006, 10:37 AM
Given the lump I saw in the surf here, you aren't gonna get out of the harbor. North/northeast blowing good, supposed to go northwest, but not yet. Seas looked to be 6-8'. Could only muster two little guys in an hour and a half of casting into that wind and surf.

MrHunters
06-04-2006, 03:40 PM
I hope that wasn't a shot at me ;)

If I wasn't in NC I'd be there. I'll be home tonight at 12 midnight, lets catch some fish :yawn:

no i brought john out today... it was ROUGH....30mph gusts and going against the tide was alot of work for that boat. we tapped out when we heard the small boat advisory and there was an overturned in salem harbor. we fished for about 30 seconds... oh well.. better than sitting at home letting this crap weather get to me.

ill meet you at the launch at 1:00 :buds:

taJon
06-05-2006, 07:26 AM
Thats too bad. John was a trooper, I didn't think he did stuff like that. John is wingding right?

MrHunters
06-05-2006, 10:08 AM
Thats too bad. John was a trooper, I didn't think he did stuff like that. John is wingding right?

Yea, i give him some credit for giving it a shot. but fishing isnt really his thing...he didnt want to handle the worms and because it was so rough out there i didnt trust him operating the boat so it made it a little tricky all around. still fun though, as miserable as the conditions were.

with the wind and outgoing tide in the same direction we couldnt troll slower than 6mph... hopeless....:whackin:

ALSO
having a crappy weather weekend and a gorgeous monday is for the birds!!! WTF.

gf2020
06-08-2006, 06:19 PM
Good people at Cape Ann Marina, it's a family run business. Jeff Arsenault, the young sales manager, is a straight shooter. I imagine the bad weather has them backed up.

MrHunters
06-08-2006, 08:35 PM
yep, im dealing/dealt with jeff exclusivly. ill go back there because of how he sold the boat to me. just dont expect him to actually call you when he says hes going to ;)

taJon
06-09-2006, 08:15 AM
Sometimes you may have to bump into reverse in order to get the speed you want. But the overall speed isn't what is most important, its the speed thru the water collum.

MrHunters
06-09-2006, 09:56 AM
Sometimes you may have to bump into reverse in order to get the speed you want. But the overall speed isn't what is most important, its the speed thru the water collum.

errr whats this in regards to?

taJon
06-09-2006, 10:28 AM
with the wind and outgoing tide in the same direction we couldnt troll slower than 6mph... hopeless....:whackin:

:wall:

MrHunters
06-09-2006, 11:23 AM

:wall:
yep that is very true...

30mph gusts tonight too... WOOHOO!

MrHunters
06-13-2006, 08:29 AM
:::new boaters buying tip of the day::::

When picking up your new boat from the dealer/marina/wherever,
do NOT assume they put back your drain plugs.

::bonus tip::

Do not assume that just because its an 18 ft bay boat there is only one drain plug...

:whackin: