View Full Version : nice fish yesterday

big jay
06-05-2006, 09:45 PM
Thought I would post this as it is my buddy nortie's best fish to date.
Rough as heck in cc-bay yesterday, and the macs wouldn't co-operate, but we worked the bunker spoons for a couple of nice fish. One fat 34" fish and then this one went 38lbs. She had a trailer that came up with her that looked like a real hoss - tried throwing it a plug but no dice.
Big credit to gottafish for passing up the rod when he knew he had a good fish, and to nortie for getting off the bunk in time to do a solid job.

Raider Ronnie
06-06-2006, 01:34 AM
More than 1lb per inch in June,
Nice fish !!!

big jay
06-06-2006, 06:09 AM
Thanks ronnie.
I think I was a little unclear in my post. There were 2 fish - one that was 34" and then the one that I posted the picture of. The 2nd one that I posted the pic of weighted it at 38lbs but I didn't get the length (well over 40" - it was off the fish board, but I didn't get out the tape).

Gotofish
06-06-2006, 06:57 AM
The captain and crew are really the ones that deserve the credit.

Have to mention-the guy holding the fish was seasick within 10 minutes of leaving the dock (lasted all afternoon) and couldn't remain vertical for more than 45 seconds without puking but managed to get the fish in.

Now, Jay, we all know that boat fish don't count, and we know that wire line fish don't count.......so just admit that that's a photoshopped mackeral!