View Full Version : After the storm

nightfighter
06-08-2006, 06:05 AM
Hit the beach this AM. Looked perfect. Had the place to myself. 6 foot seas, not much weed on the reef. Nada. Noreast wind kept my casts to 75 yds max, though twice that would come off the spool. Even with a 3 oz. pencil.
Surfers were out in force at the other reef, out of the wind for the most part. Will have to wait for the seas to lie down, tonight I hope.
Anyone else venture out?

At this rate it will be July before I venture out in the kayak.....

MrHunters
06-08-2006, 08:43 AM
Hit the beach this AM. Looked perfect. Had the place to myself. 6 foot seas, not much weed on the reef. Nada. Noreast wind kept my casts to 75 yds max, though twice that would come off the spool. Even with a 3 oz. pencil.
Surfers were out in force at the other reef, out of the wind for the most part. Will have to wait for the seas to lie down, tonight I hope.
Anyone else venture out?

At this rate it will be July before I venture out in the kayak.....

I feel your pain...
my whole ordeal turned into a new boat/motor/trailer instead of just a motor. (long story)However the 3 times we have ventured out its been absolutly miserable. With the wind and rain wednesday morning my fingers were unresponsive to what my brain wanted them to do.
:whackin:

PI guy
06-08-2006, 07:51 PM
I went out after work today, had one viscious hit on a pencil, then a bump on an atom jr., then nada. Once the tide switched...... from the wash to 50 yds out was black w/ weed, leaves, tires, logs and who knows what else. All in all a pretty unproductive afternoon for the Island. Did see a guy walking back from the jetty w/ a decent sized fish though, musta been fishing the river. You wouldn't know they cleaned the beach out here if you didn't see them in action.

tattoobob
06-08-2006, 10:00 PM
I am so all done with the rain, I just need to go and fish, the Merrimac at the Lawrence dam was just heating up and now well it will take a week or 2 to go back to normal. :realmad: I need the sun and warm weather

thefishingfreak
06-08-2006, 10:04 PM
blown out on joppa flats last night. made it to the mooring field and had to turn arround.
four footers coming down from the mouth. nasty stuff. be back tomorrow. hopefully the fish are still there?

Finaddict
06-08-2006, 10:21 PM
I too worked the beach around the turn of the tide ... not much going on, although three consecutive waves dumped three interesting items at my feet ... the first washed a fillet knife up, kind of dangerous to have hanging around on a beach so I picked it up, the second washed a low-budget rod and reel with a fish finder rig attached with sinker, then the third wave washed a shoe and an ounce leadhead up with a sluggo body attached. Not sure if it was all from the same individual or if multiple individuals. Dropped it all off at the tackle shop. was told someone lost a St. Croix rod with a VS on it when a windsurfer intersected his line ... keep your eyes out for that one.

blue oyster
06-09-2006, 03:41 PM
which storm:wall: :lossinit:

tattoobob
06-09-2006, 04:36 PM
blown out on joppa flats last night. made it to the mooring field and had to turn arround.
four footers coming down from the mouth. nasty stuff. be back tomorrow. hopefully the fish are still there?

Want company, some day let me know

thefishingfreak
06-09-2006, 04:41 PM
Want company, some day let me know

will do..
can't make it tonight wifey poo got the night off. i'm on diaper duty