View Full Version : Hospitals suck

fishaholic18
06-14-2006, 06:24 AM
Had massive back spasms last night, couldn;t take it anymore so I went to Hospital. It was real slow in there at 3am so I figured I'd be in and out..NOT!!
Walked in at 3am.
Got admitted and put in room by 3:10am
Sat in room in a Johnny thing freezing my :bshake: off.
Doc. finally got to me by 5am.
Pumped I.V. of muscle relaxer stuff in me for 1 hour(that sucked)
Waited another 1/2 for doc. to take I.V. crap out of me.
Doc. wrote me a few scrips.
Out the door at 6:45, just in time to get home and take my son to school.
Now to try and get some :sleeps:

Had to Vent.:skulz:

Raven
06-14-2006, 06:50 AM
and i haven't had any more locked up (spasm ) muscle attacks since.
seems to work real well. look into malic acid tho, found in fresh cherries, apples ect and available in suppliment form.

thats the natural approach anyways... a combination of malic acid amd magnesium is natures muscle relaxer...

read about malic acid here ----- ya have to scrow down to it...

http://www.bodyandfitness.com/Information/Fitness/fitnessnews.htm

reelecstasy
06-14-2006, 07:11 AM
That sux Dave, hope your back is feeling better

Cranium
06-14-2006, 07:34 AM
Dave nothing worse than back pain. I have two bulging disks up top and two down bottom. If it make you feel better I have a present ready to send. hope you feel better
Mark

tynan19
06-14-2006, 07:46 AM
Dave, at my Hospital that would be considered fast. Most time unless it is dead the wait alone to get a room is 4 hrs. The other night it was 10 hrs. Ridiculous if you ask me.

fishaholic18
06-14-2006, 11:15 AM
Cranium, thanx that will help.

Raven, I'll look into that, Thanxs.

The thing that pisses me off is that there were 2 docs on duty and they were just goofing around, I could here them joking and laughing, while patients were waiting for hours. WTF!

tynan19
06-14-2006, 02:34 PM
I am not disagreeing but a lot of the wait is to get the lab results back. Bloodwork, toxscreens etc. Also they need to get every patients history and talk to their PCP or coverage. But Dave I say it to my wife all the time look at all the nurses sitting around and talking about their weekend plans or looking through magazines together in full view of the patients and their families.

Saltheart
06-14-2006, 03:15 PM
Yep , hospitals suck.

basswipe
06-14-2006, 04:00 PM
You really want to go to a lame hospital?Try Newport hospital.I've been battling them and Aquidneck Radiologists over a worker's comp claim since I fell off that ladder in February!

I just got off the damn phone with some biddy at Aquidneck Radiologists who just told me that Beacon shot me down for the third time on my xray bill.Well I also just off the phone with the Beacon rep who worked my claim and guess what?They've NEVER received a bill ever.

So instead of relying on the dumb-asses at Newport Hospital and Aquidneck Radioligists to do their job I'm going to do it for them.

Now THAT I had to get off my chest!

fishaholic18
06-14-2006, 04:36 PM
But Dave I say it to my wife all the time look at all the nurses sitting around and talking about their weekend plans or looking through magazines together in full view of the patients and their families.
Yup, heard them trying to figure out the name of a person on Beverly Hillbilies.
It took them 45 minutes to figure out it's Mrs. Hathaway.:splat:

fishaholic18
06-14-2006, 04:37 PM
You really want to go to a lame hospital?Try Newport hospital.I've been battling them and Aquidneck Radiologists over a worker's comp claim since I fell off that ladder in February!

I just got off the damn phone with some biddy at Aquidneck Radiologists who just told me that Beacon shot me down for the third time on my xray bill.Well I also just off the phone with the Beacon rep who worked my claim and guess what?They've NEVER received a bill ever.

So instead of relying on the dumb-asses at Newport Hospital and Aquidneck Radioligists to do their job I'm going to do it for them.

Now THAT I had to get off my chest!
That's what a Lawyer is for. Good Luck with that.

backbeach
06-15-2006, 08:55 PM
Yep, They suck... At least it sound like they got u fixed the first time. I broke and dislocated my shoulder scouting a shad fishing spot on Mother's day. The wait was longer than yours, Radiologist misread the Xrays (2 sets) missed the fractured shoulder socket, the Physican's Asst. - going on that report- sent me home with a diagnosis of a strained ligament- wouldn't believe me when I told him it had been out of the socket... Before I could get a referral to ortho spec. it fell out of the socket again, when I was rolled over in bed (alone). That was FUN!!! Trying to do a one handed pushup to get out of bed without tilting the dislocated (locked) arm... I hope you are better and fishing again- I can't even tie flies yet.... :hs:

pmueller
06-17-2006, 07:29 PM
It truly does suck. But I think you got off easy. Five years ago broke both my arms on bicycle. Went to the ER at 5:00PM. Did not get home till 2:30AM . Oh, and I worked at the same hospital. At the time.
Funny, you find out who your friends are real quick with two busted arms.

Swimmer
06-17-2006, 08:20 PM
This thread paralells Bigfish's supermarket thread. I don't think 3:45 is that bad. I hear what your saying but consider what Tynan said about lab tests results and such. There are some nightmare stories out there for sure in regard to hospitals. How long has the pain been bothering you FH?

Striperknight
06-18-2006, 08:24 AM
Hospitals don't seem to move so fast.

Van
06-18-2006, 09:24 AM
I feel your pain, REALLY,,, I just went almost a week with pain after a day of on and off back spasms. It really messed up the muscle, and I could barely move last Sunday.

When this happens I go to the chirpractor and he uses the EMS machine and wet heat. It relaxes the muscles and makes the recovery time much shorter.

Plus pump myself up with Naproxen and advil.

I know the hospital deal all too well too. Hope all is well now.

Starfish
06-18-2006, 11:46 PM
Dave I just got home from my job which happens to be working in an ER. Let me tell you it sucks working there never mind coming there to be seen. Even if you were dying tonight you could not get a bed in our hospital. We had three people who needed to go upstairs to the Intensive Care Unit but they didn't have any beds so they were going to spend the night in the ER. One of the patients had been there for over 14 hours. Not to mention average wait on any given night is about 6 hours and thats not even getting into the main ER from the waiting room to be seen by a doc.
But anyways...Sorry to hear about your back and I hope you feel better soon! The only way to get prompt service is to know someone really important on the inside. (So next time come and see me ;))

Bigcat
06-19-2006, 05:03 AM
I find the wait can be long,and I don't know how some of the MD's ever made it through med school, the bills never stop coming,I swear every one that walks by sends a bill:confused:

Raven
06-19-2006, 05:34 AM
i am driving on my way home in my vw bug and this motorcyclist driving on both sides of the road for speed curving...on this snake of a road cuts me off and sends my car rolling and flipping and i was ejected and flung a long distance and ate the road real good...with no broken bones but i had glass in me everywhere. Well they did a fine job removing all the glass except for a few pieces they missed in my back... and they assign me a room. Well i'm in the room for hours on end just in terrible pain with many bruised bones. I waited and waited
for some kind of pain medication and it never came. I was never seen by a doctor...til the next morning on my way out......so - i am leaving the friggan hospital and he finally shows up....and then he wants to check me out. I said sorry! but your a day late and i am limping out of here. they were none to happy with me but the feeling was mutual.

"uffah!!"
06-19-2006, 06:22 AM
Dave, I get them all the time, the only thing that helps me is an ICE PACK. I keep one on ICE in the Freezer. Its one of those jell packs.
Wrap it in a towel, place on the spot, and in about ten to fifteen minutes the pain is gone.
Oh, by the way, its MISS Hathaway. She was never married in that program!! Thats why she was always after Jethro!!

Swimmer
06-19-2006, 11:25 AM
Ya doc's walk by and look at your chart from the hallway and he sends a bill, ha ha. That almost sounds like the phenomenon of a certain group of persons that smash up a car and then everyone, the whole family gets in, and claims injuries when the ambulance gets there then files claims against the insured. The car crash people must have learned that from the doc's.:hihi:

Hope you feel better soom Dave!