View Full Version : looking for stripers from the beach

mar t
05-04-2002, 01:29 PM
:jump: thanks for your in put IRL and i just might give that area a try but does anyone know how there hitting in the north river /duxbury area

IRL
05-04-2002, 01:44 PM
I'll be there tonight I think
I''l bring some extre cofee and herring .........he he

mar t
05-04-2002, 01:50 PM
IRL looks like the place to be then what the best way there though i've never fished the north river and am not sure where to park

IRL
05-04-2002, 02:05 PM
Its one of those places that I dont know the street names
I think it's the belmont hotel that the access in near someone else may be able to help more than I
I would hit the canal also if you can get herring my buddy got 48"
40 lber last night @6:00 I'm trying to tie thing up so I can get down there. my pump on my herring tank sh#t the bed last night

Fish_Eye
05-04-2002, 05:23 PM
BATTLE STATIONS...BATTLE STATIONS...ALL HANDS ON DECK...MAN THE HERRING PUMP...KAMIKAZE BASS EVERYWHERE!!!!

http://fisheye.striped-bass.com/images/gif/smileydance.gif

http://fisheye.striped-bass.com/images/gif/radar.gif

http://fisheye.striped-bass.com/images/gif/scudmisl.gif

http://fisheye.striped-bass.com/images/gif/smileydance.gif

IRL
05-06-2002, 09:09 AM
MY POOR HERRING TANK..
it has alot of miles on it, going to make a new one tonight .

mar t how did you do where did you go ?

mar t
05-06-2002, 08:07 PM
hey, IRL
where did i go? i'll tell you where, 63 miles from home just to get a skunked. but hey, a bad days fishing, Iwent to cotuit highland on the cape great spot too. plenty of jettys and inlets for all there even a nice little island no more than a 100 yards of the beach. i will be back there too. So tell me whats up with the tank and you said you would be making a new one ,love to know how thats done wouldn't mine building one of my own.
mar t

IRL
05-07-2002, 09:51 AM
the herring river was ok and the canal was dead no herring on sat night after 7:30 ish in the run. sunday was ok, I got bait and some ok fish nothing big 1 36" sun night.
To build your tank go to a car wash or ask around for a plastic 55gal drum cut it @ 2" down from the top to take the top off.
cut it again @the 35 gal line.(23" up from the botom ) now the top should fit back in the barrel with the 2" sitting inside. use drywall screws to secure the top back on screwing from the outside in. cut your door in toe top go to wal mart and get a pump (mine is a super saver I think) and mount it ( If this is confusing I could fax you something if you like.;) :confused: :confused:

mar t
05-07-2002, 03:36 PM
hey IRL
thats a pretty nice fish you've got there hope to match it this evening if i can. as for your instructions for making the tank quite followable thanks. i look forward to making one soon. as i said i'm going this evening and i just bought 4 new adomizers the 3.oz size poppers and i also got some 7" slug-gos. thats the great thing about working the bait shop i get all the gear i want.
well i'm outta here.
mar t
oh hey whats your first name if i may ask?
would'nt mine hooking up on a streach of beach of a jetty some time

IRL
05-07-2002, 04:30 PM
Well i was thinking about fishing lawrence ma. or plum island one night this week and I camp In bourne scenic campgrounds every
weekend in may (after that I camp at plum until aug every weekend. pick a time

mar t
05-07-2002, 06:27 PM
hey,
i'm coming out to south cape this sat. maybe we could hook up and tighten some line.
mar t
i'll be at the bait shop til 1:30 wed, 781 982 7157
give me a call and maybe we can work out a time

IRL
05-08-2002, 11:37 AM
where on the cape will you be ?
I dont know my plans yet w/ mothers day and all but I will call when I know I'll be down there. I'm fishing the dam on the Merrimac in Lawrence tonight though. Josh

mar t
05-08-2002, 03:52 PM
hey IRL,
i think i'll be going to south cape beach i beleive it's in bourne but i'm not 100% will look into it more tonight and get back to you .
mar t

IRL
05-08-2002, 04:32 PM
Its in mashpee there is a campground there to maby I'll stay there it doesn't matter to me I just have to see if I'm alowed to forget about mothers day.