View Full Version : A "Duke" Fathers Day!

BigFish
06-18-2006, 08:03 PM
My being a huge John Wayne fan....(always watched them with my Dad growing up soooo.....) my boys got me a few on DVD. Sons of Katie Elder....The Shootist....and one of my favorite westerns of all time...The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance with Duke, Lee Marvin and Jimmy Stewart! :kewl: Oh...also got the Jimmy Buffet Live at Fenway Park CD!;) Darn good kids I got there!:hihi:

basswipe
06-18-2006, 08:40 PM
There was always something about The Shootist when he explains "false spring" to the young women on the trolley.

I too am a John Wayne fan.Himself and Ronald Reagan were two of the finest Americans made!

Swimmer
06-19-2006, 11:37 AM
You know that fort they used in all those westerns has only one piece of that film making history still standing. Its the split railed fence that they tied thier horses up to that was in front of the officers quarters. The rest of the fort, movie set, was torn down to make way for a new road outside of MOAB, Utah, which is where all of his westerns were made. There is a motel on the right as you pull into town that advertises on a billboard that the Duke slept there whil in the area making movies. His horse stayed there also.