View Full Version : More lost access.

likwid
06-19-2006, 05:42 PM
Well finally, in a town near Rhode Island a spot that was quiet, now loaded with a million.... whoever.

The cops are now ticketing and towing.

This spot I was previously told by a local was fine to fish, but now some locals are crying to the cops and they're now enforcing the no parking signs that are NOWHERE NEAR where you end up parking.

I asked the cop when they started ticketing and towing, he said "oh for the past 7 years" I replied "no you haven't, I know for a fact I was here many many times last year, and infact one of your officers waved to me and kept going last year" (i wish i had his name)

So thanks all you d***wagons who left trash and dead fish on the rocks. I hope you all drown.

Skip N
06-19-2006, 06:34 PM
What spot is this? If we cant fish there anymore i guess we're not burning spots. Do tell

whiplash
06-21-2006, 02:29 PM
A small fishing publication recently burned a spot in an article that I raised a stink about on another board and most folks backed the magazine.This place can hold 3 guys max and I took the heat for complaining. I'm sure that place will be shut down in a week.

Slipknot
06-22-2006, 11:47 AM
likwid, that sux

and whiplash, I wouldn't take what is said on the internet too seriously.
I mean who is this editor from the NJ fisherman? a mob member or something?:huh: too bad they burned a small spot in the magazine but try not to call more attention to it. Don't you have fish to catch Jim?

JohnR
06-22-2006, 11:59 AM
Sad but in no way suprised... Some blame the Internet, some (like me) blame the maggies (that was a f%363 joke, well at least the part about me blaming the maggies :huh: )

Yes, in a time of ever dwindling access, sucks to see people piss it away for fame and profit...

It also sucks when people that were never stakeholders in an area move in and evict the long time transient angler. I believe far fewer people moving into waterfront communities are angler friendly.

Also sucks that the fishing community at large makes as much of a mess sometimes as the partying teens :wall:

Swimmer
07-03-2006, 10:57 AM
You know just because there are signs saying "no parking" doesn't mean thier legal. Any questions should be directed to the town council/selectmen's office. They have to approve by vote those signs. If they are not an approve sign location then an officer has no legal authority to ticket and tow. Officers derive thier power from the town fathers. So if the town fathers did not approve sign well, the officers cannot tag and tow. Every town sells those signs that I know of. Starting selling them to people so thier kids can hang them in bedrooms. You can buy them in many retail stores also. Many times the locals buy and put up signs which are not legal and is an overzealous illegal protection of the privacy. When a sign has been there for years everyone after awihile assumes the town d.p.w. put it there. But everyday an illegal sign is in place doesn't make it any more legal than the first day it was placed where it is.

likwid
07-03-2006, 11:01 AM
I'll have to make a phone call then.

Mike P
07-03-2006, 11:56 AM
Many times the locals buy and put up signs which are not legal and is an overzealous illegal protection of the privacy. When a sign has been there for years everyone after awihile assumes the town d.p.w. put it there. But everyday an illegal sign is in place doesn't make it any more legal than the first day it was placed where it is.

We have the same issue in our neighborhood with a stop sign. Some residents of an apartment complex apparently put it up to make people slow down on a curve before their buildings. There are no cross streets at the stop sign. Our homeowners' association is currently trying to get the town to remove it. This is the second time they've done it, and the first time, the town came and removed it. It's in a pretty remote area of the town where there are a lot of privately owned roads, so it may take them awhile to get to it.

spence
07-03-2006, 05:03 PM
I'm attending a block party tomorrow near there, I'll try to get the scoop from the locals :) :mad:

-spence

Swimmer
07-06-2006, 10:38 AM
MikeP, no one could possibly get in trouble for taking a sign down that is in place illegally. Why a stop sign? Why not a sign saying thickly settled or congested area as it relates to the apartment building. The town doesn't take it down they are assuming the liability for whatever happens in relation to that sign, after they have been notified it is there.