View Full Version : evolution of the surfhog eel.

Nebe
06-24-2006, 07:28 PM
Ive been busy making this puppy better and better. The first step of the evolution was adding menhaden oil to the rubber, and that was pretty cool.. but now i am offering seabait "eel potion" as another option for those who want an even better advantage..

Also, this generation of eels is much softer and has superior action to the first batches of eels i was making in the spring.

No one has complained to me about this, but i have noticed that the hooks i have been using to make the 2 hooked rigged eels arent so corrosion resistant. The result is a hook I special ordered directly from VMC- a permasteel treated live bait hook.. These hooks should last a lot longer than the eagle claw hooks i was using.

heres the hook :D

"uffah!!"
06-24-2006, 09:18 PM
Eben, are you sending the new ones, or the old ones??

Nebe
06-25-2006, 06:15 AM
new eels... but the old hooks. hooks just showed up. If your eels outlast the hooks let me know and i will send you some VMC's.....

cow tamer
06-25-2006, 10:10 AM
Nice article in projo

Flaptail
06-26-2006, 08:01 AM
Mr. Vice President, I have been sticking a 5/0 Siwash SS hook down thier throats and the fish love 'em. I really like the way they move in the wawa. Fish in CC Bay eat them like sluggos but they are tougher and still as flexible. I would love to see you make some in a pearl white. Great product you got there Mr. Horton!

Nebe
06-26-2006, 08:30 AM
flap i do make them in pearl white :D

glad you like them...

Flaptail
06-26-2006, 12:35 PM
flap i do make them in pearl white :D

glad you like them...

Well why didn't I know? Where can I get some, I think those tuna out east of me would really dig them on a short line off the stern, they eat white sluggos so why not white Surf Hogs!

likwid
06-26-2006, 12:56 PM
STEENKYSTEENKYSTEENKYSTEENKYSTEENKY

spence
06-26-2006, 01:00 PM
STEENKYSTEENKYSTEENKYSTEENKYSTEENKY
Dude, quit it with the caps will ya? :hs: :heybaby: :hee:

I just took a bag of scented Nebe eels out of the car...my yellow lab followed me through the house with her nose straight out and tail all stiff. She sat down right in front of the bag and looked at it with those lab love eyes. :spin:

-spence

likwid
06-26-2006, 01:17 PM
I just took a bag of scented Nebe eels out of the car...my yellow lab followed me through the house with her nose straight out and tail all stiff. She sat down right in front of the bag and looked at it with those lab love eyes. :spin:

-spence

Hahha

My dog *loves* my surfbag since I got em.

Edit: was just loading 2 steenkies with sluggo weights and washed my hands.

freaking dog won't leave me alone!!!!!

mental note: wear surgical gloves while loading steenkies.

libassboy
06-27-2006, 01:21 PM
My skinz pouch reeks cause of those things now..fished with em last nite...they work:hidin:

likwid
06-27-2006, 02:27 PM
i've got a gallon jug of half bunker half menhaden juice to spice em up now and then. :hihi:

steeeeeenky

(also for leaving surprises)

Skitterpop
06-27-2006, 03:47 PM
\

Sir Eben Darwin Horton

RIROCKHOUND
06-27-2006, 04:12 PM
i've got a gallon jug of half bunker half menhaden

I assume thats suposed to be a joke? :D 1/2 bunker 1/2 menhaden with a few drops of pogie thrown in... ?

I'll be fishing tonight at 845; actually I have a few things to do first, let's make it quarter of nine. :D

All I have to say is one whif at Ebens when he's making the stinkers and I have flashbacks to the shark tourney days.....

Nebe
06-27-2006, 05:11 PM
story-

one day i was making eels and forgot to wash my hands. the Mrs and my son show up and i grab him and give him a huge hug, mess up his hair with my hands and then they leave.... about 10 minutes later I got the phone call from her cell phone that my kid and her car smelled like dead seagull and that i am in big big big trouble when i get home :hihi:

Flaptail, PM me your adress and i will send you a couple pearl ones to play with :D

likwid
06-27-2006, 05:54 PM
I assume thats suposed to be a joke? :D 1/2 bunker 1/2 menhaden with a few drops of pogie thrown in... ?

I'll be fishing tonight at 845; actually I have a few things to do first, let's make it quarter of nine. :D

All I have to say is one whif at Ebens when he's making the stinkers and I have flashbacks to the shark tourney days.....

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA