View Full Version : How many flies do you carry?

FishHawk
06-30-2006, 07:25 AM
I carry way too many flies in my vest and wonder if I'm the only one that does this. If I think of it I rely on only a couple of patterns but don't feel comfortable unless I have a variety of flies with me.
FishHawk

pmueller
06-30-2006, 07:57 AM
I guess every one does. In one way or the other. If its working and you have what you need, its a winner. Keep your confidence on the high side.

baldwin
06-30-2006, 09:57 AM
Keep a few of those confidence flies, plus others for specific situations.
Me:
bunny flies: black, white
deceivers: black, olive over white
sliders: silver mylar, black
deer hair head deceivers: black, white
razzle-dazzles
clousers: black, white
Poppers if daytime: white, chartreuse, yellow
maybe some crabs, worms, shrimp depending

Basser
06-30-2006, 12:07 PM
72,457 in my truck:cool: at last count:rotf3:

baldwin
06-30-2006, 09:10 PM
Glove compartment, backpack with work supplies, one in the dining room curtain, one stuck in the baby's car seat, kitchen counter...

Slinger
07-01-2006, 12:06 AM
Basser where were you when I wanted to play poker for flies at the last clav? I`ll call your 6 and raise a hundred! I had a slow year tying, only tied about 250 clousers, thats because I have a thousand leftover! One of my big storage boxes was raided by friends last week to the tune of 4 doz. and you couldn`t tell the difference there were still so many left, but I owe him, he did give me a Garmin 182! If I took all my flies at once I`d need a bigger boat . Yet strangely it`s allways the same fly I reach for, the old go to, the 90%er, the olive an white clouser. Lastly a bag containing about 50 Steve Farrar squid flies has gone AWOL, Sure will miss them where I`m going today. Wish they would drop me a postcard an let me know where they are! I`ll be able to fish in 3 states simply by using different sides of the boat.
Slinger

Basser
07-01-2006, 09:12 AM
Slinger, I only play cribbage for flies:gu:
I put the conventional away for a little flyfishing today and got a few bites....didn't lose any flies so my count remains as is:wiggle: