View Full Version : Robalo?

RIJIMMY
07-03-2006, 07:47 AM
I see some nice Robalo center consoles for sale, any thoughts on these boats? Anything I should look out for?

blaruffa
07-03-2006, 08:25 AM
Good boat, IMO. Watch out for the transom, they tend to be low in a following sea you can get some serious water on the deck.

MrHunters
07-03-2006, 08:36 AM
they always look purrrty when I see them out on the water. and often I say... that is a nice fishing boat.

thats all i got.

zacs
07-03-2006, 08:02 PM
Jimmy, or anyone for that matter. if you are looking for a boat I bet you could get a great deal on that ocean scout out in front of quaker lane that has been there for over a year. The sign recently changed from "for sale" to "best offer" or something like that. that is a nice looking boat too. I have no affiliation with the boat, know nothing about it, and it could be a POS, but if I was in the mkt, I would give it a serious look.

_Z_

spence
07-03-2006, 08:21 PM
Good boat, IMO. Watch out for the transom, they tend to be low in a following sea you can get some serious water on the deck.
Amen to that...I've been drenched numerous times on a friends...

Otherwise very nice from a passenger perspective.

-spence

MakoMike
07-04-2006, 08:16 AM
They have been around for years and have a very good reputation.

afterhours
07-04-2006, 08:29 AM
quality built boats :humpty:

Raider Ronnie
07-04-2006, 08:35 AM
I see some nice Robalo center consoles for sale, any thoughts on these boats? Anything I should look out for?

Absolutely find one you can a ride on first before going and spending your money!
I've been on a 25ft walkaround,
and in my opinion a POS !!!
Very scary ride in slightly rought seas, especially any waves taken on the side !!!
Just my opinion, but there are much better boats/ deals out there !!!

taJon
07-04-2006, 08:49 AM
Well I say, "thats a niiice boat"

Good reputation for high quality.

afterhours
07-04-2006, 12:43 PM
gee ronnie, that surprises me. i've fished on a few older cc's (80's) and was generally impressed all 'round.

Raider Ronnie
07-04-2006, 07:36 PM
gee ronnie, that surprises me. i've fished on a few older cc's (80's) and was generally impressed all 'round.

This was a brand new 25 walk around that I got out on a few times last year because I wanted to see what the new F250 4stroke Yamaha was like before I layed down $$$ and repowered from my
F200 !

afterhours
07-04-2006, 07:47 PM
maybe they sold and cheapened???? seen it a bizillion times before.

Raider Ronnie
07-04-2006, 08:01 PM
maybe they sold and cheapened???? seen it a bizillion times before.

Kind of like comparing the older (better) Sea Crafts to the new ones !!!

Gotofish
07-04-2006, 10:24 PM
Zacs (and anyone else), the Ocean Scout that was in front of Quaker lane is now with this guy Rick who has a little shop on west shore rd in Warwick. I just got a trailer from him and he told me about a the boat....could probably be stolen. I guess some lawyer bought it, outfitted it for tuna (I counted 14 rod holders, all swivel) and then lost interest in the gig. Not trying to hijack the thread but it's a nice 22' I think that could be had for cheap.......

The Ocean Scout currently in front of Quaker Lane is a new one......

RIJIMMY
07-05-2006, 07:44 AM
I drove by QUacker Lane yesterday and that boat caught my attenttion. I am just lookng around now for used boats 18-22 feet. I spent alot of time on boats as a kid but I dont know if I should get a 16 or 17 ft for a few years and then work my way up to a 22-24. I am looking for under 15g and I've seen some nice boats for that price. Robalos were one.

Nebe
07-05-2006, 08:07 AM
Jim, have you thought of getting an older hull and re-powering??? That is my eventual goal with my mako. with your budget you could buy a new engine and an old hull and have something very reliable. Remember, if the hull is over 30 years old you can say 'vintage' instead of 'old' :hihi: