View Full Version : Salt Lake City, UT

Slick Moedee
07-05-2006, 04:05 PM
Have a work trip scheduled to Salt Lake, and will have two nights to play with. Anyone ever been out there and have any suggestions on what to do?

The Dad Fisherman
07-05-2006, 04:08 PM
Pick up a couple of extra Wives.....:D

zacs
07-05-2006, 04:30 PM
i would go to park city. not too far a drive.

MAC
07-05-2006, 05:11 PM
I lived there for a year back in 1991-1992. (that was more than long enough) Not much to do at nite. You could go to Wendover, NV if you wanted to gamble. It is roughly 100 miles west on I-80.

The funny thing about Salt Lake is most profess to me strict mormons. But go to Wendover on a Friday or Saturday night and 90% of the cars in the parking lot have Utah plates.:bl:

Swimmer
07-05-2006, 06:16 PM
Spent two weeks in Moab several years ago. Too far for you with only two days to play with. Check out how wide the streets are and then come up with the answer to the question, how come the streets are so wide. Many trains come through the city every night and you'll hear the horns going all the time when they hit the intersections. I'd go see the tabernacle. Tell em your looking to convert maybe they'll let you have a poligamy leaners permit.:rotfl:

Swimmer
07-05-2006, 06:19 PM
If your lucky you'll land at night. I came up from Phoenix and flew in bewteen two mountains and out over the lake before banking right to head east over the lake. You can see the dike and the salt beds and the west side of a small range of mountains when the plain levels off as it comes in to land.

Slick Moedee
07-06-2006, 08:04 AM
Thanks for the tips. Hopefully you can test drive the extra wived before purchasing.