View Full Version : A cool person

UserRemoved1
07-07-2006, 05:35 PM
Today we go into the hospital around 8:10 am and at the information booth was this little guy who looked very old.

The guy had about a TWO FOOT WIDE hamburger shaped hat on his head. Two buns, two burgers, lettuce, tomato, ketchup. The most beautiful thing I ever seen someone make in my life. We all got a real smile and said hi to him and told him we loved the hat. :rotf2:

We get into the ICU upstairs and the guy had visited my dad earlier in the morning and they hit it off. Found out he's 98 going on 99 years old and goes in for some time in different parts of the hospital each day. He's got a collection of FIFTY TWO of these hats from all over the world that people have brought him and he wears a different one each day.

What a card :hee:

Raven
07-07-2006, 05:40 PM
how is your Dad feeling ....Salty?

Moses
07-07-2006, 05:40 PM
Always nice when something or someone can put a smile on your face....:btu:

striprman
07-07-2006, 05:41 PM
I'll be lucky if I make it to 58

Skitterpop
07-07-2006, 05:51 PM
How is your dad Scott? Wishing him well here and all the family :uhuh:

I'll be lucky if I make it to 58

Amen brother....the decrepitude is overcoming.... should of done the body like a temple thingy :smash:

Homerun04
07-07-2006, 05:51 PM
Great story....puts a lot into perspective...

spence
07-07-2006, 05:53 PM
The unsung heroes of the world are a special breed indeed :)

-spence

UserRemoved1
07-07-2006, 06:05 PM
Raven/Skitter he's still in ICU but somewhat better. If he gets moved this weekend into a regular room they'll start looking at him if he needs rehab etc. They're watching some more stuff this weekend so time will tell.

Either way he's probably going to have a nurse for a while.

Maybe she'll be pretty :grins:

Nebe
07-07-2006, 06:36 PM
Scott, i hope your dad gets better soon... post any pics of the nurses over on the other site :hihi:

justplugit
07-07-2006, 06:47 PM
Salty, hope your Dad is feeling better real soon. :)

Katie
07-08-2006, 10:00 AM
thats a pretty cool story.. glad to hear your dad is doing better, lets hope it keeps getting better :)

Swimmer
07-08-2006, 10:38 AM
Scott hope you dad keeps getting better and what nebe said about nurse pics would be great.

Swimmer
07-08-2006, 10:46 AM
Ya know I have more to say on this..........I have often wondered how poeple find the time to give so much of themselves in such a selfless manner. The guy is going to be 99 and has probably been volunteering for years and years and years. My wife's aunt does the same thing at an area hospital. She doesn't have two nickels to call her own, lives in assisted housing. but goes to this hospital everyday and flirts with all the male patients and makes them feel like a million dollars. She is dirt poor and retired but contributes every friggin day just like Salty's new friend. There has to be a special place in heaven for people like this.:thanks:

Katie
07-08-2006, 11:35 AM
Thats awsome swimmer

justplugit
07-08-2006, 11:40 AM
Ya know I have more to say on this..........I have often wondered how poeple find the time to give so much of themselves in such a selfless manner. The guy is going to be 99 and has probably been volunteering for years and years and years. My wife's aunt does the same thing at an area hospital. She doesn't have two nickels to call her own, lives in assisted housing. but goes to this hospital everyday and flirts with all the male patients and makes them feel like a million dollars. She is dirt poor and retired but contributes every friggin day just like Salty's new friend. There has to be a special place in heaven for people like this.:thanks:

Yup, all they have is a penny, but they give it all and are as happy as anyone can be. :D