View Full Version : Boat Clean-Up Issue

Duke41
05-08-2002, 04:09 PM
I am in the process of getting the boat ready for the season. After I uncovered her some sap and pollen from some oak tree has stained her decks. I have used a 2600 PSI power washer and every ratio os simple green down to pure product. The decks are clean but the stain remains. Any ideas out there?:(

Swede
05-08-2002, 05:21 PM
Hose it down and use softscrub w/bleach. Work it in and if its really bad let it sit for 10 min.

Mr. Kav
05-09-2002, 08:22 AM
just a suggestion besides bleach try lemon juice and a scrub brush. it has worked for me in the past for fish blood stains.

Duke41
05-10-2002, 12:46 PM
Gentleman,

Thanks very much for the advice on how to clean the boat decks. After trying lots of stuff such as, power washing, hot power washing, simple green, deck scrub, foul highly cancerous stuff from a janitorial supply house, yelling and screaming at the stains etc. Went to home depot and brought some stuff called Zeps Orange Citrus Degreaser and Cleaner, it is in a spray bottle and cost $4.00. The stuff is incredible, all you have to do is spray it on, let it sit for 2 minutes and wash it off with a hose. I did have to use a stiff brush on the stubborn stuff, however it worked great. Blows away simple green. This is a major breakthrough, check it out. Now if I could breakthrough like this on the fishing end

Mark De Chambeau
Surfrunner Mako 241
Newport,RI