View Full Version : On The Cape This Weekend

FishWebb
05-09-2002, 01:05 PM
I have been told by my wife that we are going to visit the inlaws on the Cape this weekend. Rather than spending all my time with her family, as great as that may be :rolleyes: I thought I may sneak away for a little while to wet a line. They are in the Falmouth area and I thought I may try South Cape or the canal. Other than live herring, can anyone give me a few suggestions for bait, time of day, any other locations? Are they hitting chunks, soft etc? I recently picked up some of the Storm Wildeyes and may try them as well. Any feedback would be greatly appreiated!;)

Slipknot
05-09-2002, 04:42 PM
Bait, maybe try squid or if you can get it herring.
Time, early dawn and late sundown and maybe in between. :)

Location, get a mapbook, try areas in Falmouth and North Falmouth maybe Old Silver beach area. Onset in Wareham you could try for schoolies at Shell point. The canal is a crapshoot.
Good luck and yes throw those Storm wildeyes too as well as other rubba.

mikecc
05-09-2002, 08:49 PM
If you try the canal bring a 7" Gags Grabber Mambo Minnow in Olive / Gold color.
South Cape - Roberts Ranger Lure

FishWebb
05-10-2002, 07:51 AM
Thanks for the help! I have been pretty eager to try the Wildeyes from everything I have heard about them they are THE soft bait to use this year! If anyone else is going to be around down there(most likely on Sunday) and would like to hook up, pm me. Thanks again for the help! ;)