View Full Version : New to the Board

PennHead
07-12-2006, 04:38 PM
Just wanted to say a big HELLO to all my fellow fishaholics out there. I'm new to the board and I appreciate all the good information I've received from reading many of the prior posts.

I do have one question for everyone. I recently saw a mention in "On the Water" magazine that FLW was going to have one of their tournaments out of Quincy next month on the 19th.

Besides myself, who else is planning to fish that tournament?

Thanks,

PennHead

partsjay
07-12-2006, 04:45 PM
Welcome Aboard!!

Lots of good people here......enjoy!!

Raider Ronnie
07-12-2006, 04:47 PM
Welcome :btu:

PennHead
07-12-2006, 04:48 PM
Thanks PartsJay,
I appreciate the welcome.

Are you going to fish the FLW tournament in Quincy?

Pt.JudeJoe
07-12-2006, 05:23 PM
Welcome aboard Penn :wavey:

libassboy
07-12-2006, 05:33 PM
Welcome!!:wavey:

partsjay
07-12-2006, 05:37 PM
No, not me......I have too much on my plate as it is....besides..I can't buy a decent fish as of late.

jmonte45
07-12-2006, 08:54 PM
Welcome to S-B. I've learned a lot from the people on here! Especially Partsjay! :jump:
But he has to show me.

JohnR
07-13-2006, 06:10 AM
Just wanted to say a big HELLO to all my fellow fishaholics out there. I'm new to the board and I appreciate all the good information I've received from reading many of the prior posts.

I do have one question for everyone. I recently saw a mention in "On the Water" magazine that FLW was going to have one of their tournaments out of Quincy next month on the 19th.

Besides myself, who else is planning to fish that tournament?

Thanks,

PennHead

If there was a Surf Division.

Angler_________________ Boat __________________ Powered By

Joe Q _______________ Aquaskinz ________________ Korkers

PennHead - Are you coming all of the way up from Decatur Georgia to fish the Quincy FLW ? That's an awful long haul to come for a Tourney that didn't exist before.

PennHead
07-13-2006, 07:22 AM
JohnR,

Thanks for the big "Welcome Aboard"!:yak:

And, thanks for keeping us all safe and checking me out.:eyes:

No, I'm not coming from Decatur, GA. The only way I figured you came to that conclusion is that my email is via Bellsouth and I think that is the location for their base of operations. But really JohnR,..why do you care where I'm from. My simply asking if anyone else is going to fish in a (by boat) tournament isn't some vast striped bass conspiracy to convert surf fishing guys to boat fishing guys.

Yes, I know of a few surf fishing guys who actually consider getting in a boat from time to time to chase stripers. I'm one of them.

And, Yes, it's usually all about the fishing...but with a $50,000 check guaranteed for 1st place.....I think I would travel that far to fish in a tournament....as long as I had confidence in my ability. I believe most of those guys who fished the big FLW tournament in Hartford last week were from the south. And I bet most of them started out fishing off the bank as well.

Finally, as your fishin physician, I don't believe you have enough fishing in your diet. You are spending way to much time in front of the keyboard.

reelecstasy
07-13-2006, 07:54 AM
Wow, you make friends quick.......

BigFish
07-13-2006, 08:05 AM
Spamhead.:bl:

vineyardblues
07-13-2006, 08:33 AM
SEE YA LATER
:fishslap:
VB

JohnR
07-13-2006, 08:37 AM
JohnR,

Thanks for the big "Welcome Aboard"!

And, thanks for keeping us all safe and checking me out.

No Problem, my pleasure ;)

No, I'm not coming from Decatur, GA.
So where are you from?

The only way I figured you came to that conclusion is that my email is via Bellsouth and I think that is the location for their base of operations. But really JohnR,..why do you care where I'm from.

Uh, no, not from your email address. I tend to look at things more technical than an email. In fact, I'll probably check out your email after I reply to this post as that could offer even more info.

Actually PennHead, you typed out this drivel from an aDSL connection (used by home accounts >90% of the time or by businesses to cheap to properly support their remote users), IP Address 66.156.46.7x (the last number dropped for your pleasure) of which the access device that your account connects to is in Decatur Georgia. You don't have a 1000 mile aDSL connection from Quincy to Georgia seeing that if I recall the ditance limits to aDSL were measured in thousands of feet and not thousands of miles. So from a technical perspective you are significantly closer to Decatur than Quincy.

Now, seeing that your only two posts were engineered to push the FLW tour, you are 96% likely chiming in from the Southeast instead of the Northeast (the 4% covers other technical possibilities), and you are so skilled an anglah that you will bass fish up in Quincy, and you beat the drum of the SouthEast Bass angler, me thinks you either have something to do with the FLW tour OR you are in fact fishing from the south and a competitive angler attempting to drum up more interest in this Tourney. So which is it?

My simply asking if anyone else is going to fish in a (by boat) tournament isn't some vast striped bass conspiracy to convert surf fishing guys to boat fishing guys.

Yes, I know of a few surf fishing guys who actually consider getting in a boat from time to time to chase stripers. I'm one of them.
I am too. In fact, if I had time I might consider fishing the FLW as I know some who are.

And, Yes, it's usually all about the fishing...but with a $50,000 check guaranteed for 1st place.....I think I would travel that far to fish in a tournament....as long as I had confidence in my ability.

Spoken like a marketing guy (but yeh, I'd consider it too)

I believe most of those guys who fished the big FLW tournament in Hartford last week were from the south. And I bet most of them started out fishing off the bank as well.

I hope they were from south of Hartford - Hartford, CT??. Don't think too many Contenders, Fountains, and Palmettos would fit will running and gunning around Hartford. Be a lot of busted fiberglass.

Finally, as your fishin physician, I don't believe you have enough fishing in your diet. You are spending way to much time in front of the keyboard.

Sadly you might be partially correct in this statement, if for the wrong reasons. As I spend 20-30 hours a week maintainting this site, it does cut into my fishing time. Little irritates me more when people spam which further cuts into my fishing time.

So where in Quincy are you from? Or where around Mass, Rhody?

Don't misinterpret this. If you are from the south and coming up to fish the tourney, more power to you, just tell the truth and say it... If you are connected to FLW, this is the second or 3rd time we've been spammed almost within the day of either arguing why posting commercial stuff without permission is against the rules or asking about advertising.

It stinks a little, that's all.

Oh, btw, the FLW is not a local "club tourney", which S-B supports whole heartedly. This is a large scale, massively advertising / marketing driven event that probably could give a rat's ass about what happens in "Quincy" or "Hartford" a day before or after the Tourney. Those tourneys, we as a community, will decide to support or not...

crash
07-13-2006, 09:06 AM
:rotf2: :rotf2: :rotf2:

NEVER piss of the IT guy, we don't like that

MrHunters
07-13-2006, 09:11 AM
:spam: :spam: :spam:

Sluggoslinger
07-13-2006, 09:12 AM
hahahaha

seee yaahhhh!

MrHunters
07-13-2006, 09:31 AM
im just saying

http://outdoorsbest.zeroforum.com/zerouser?cmd=viewprofile&id=45242

JohnR
07-13-2006, 10:25 AM
im just saying

http://outdoorsbest.zeroforum.com/zerouser?cmd=viewprofile&id=45242

So he is coming up north to fish it (maybe) - good for him, Helluva trip to fish a tourney though...

Swimmer
07-13-2006, 10:45 AM
After reading your chat back and forth with JR I was curiious if those southern FLW boys are used to our full-contact type of fishing that we do up here? We dont use sospenders. The jackets you see are actually bullet resistant vests that inflate when you hit the water. They inflate automatically upon being rammed. Those FLW boys look a little mamby pamby in those cute little jacket and shirts they wear. Before they come up here to fish the local waters they should check out Spence's new line of jetty wear. He is quite a dapper dresser and habidasher extrordinaire.

As you can see we rag on the new guys sometime. Welcome aboard.
:jump:

MrHunters
07-13-2006, 10:48 AM
still seems fishy to me.

maybe he's rich :huh:

Swimmer
07-13-2006, 10:48 AM
Way to go on the detective work JR, your hired!:bl:

PennHead
07-13-2006, 12:06 PM
Dang, this group sure is tough on us Newbies! Gimme another chance, I'll try to do better.

:smash:

Swimmer, I may need one of those bullet proof vests you are referring to.

JohnR
07-13-2006, 12:59 PM
You are no Newbie or Rookie to the boards, are you ;) ? This one just new but no rookie.... So you are coming up to fish, right? Not affiliated with FLW in any way (other than participating)?

Ooops - gotta get back to work

Nothin but Fish
07-13-2006, 01:40 PM
John,

I would like to speak with you when you can make 2 minutes of time. .

Tight lines...<")))><

JohnR
07-13-2006, 01:52 PM
JohnR is in a meeting - what is the latest to call?

Thanks,

John

reelecstasy
07-13-2006, 02:00 PM
John,

I would like to speak with you when you can make 2 minutes of time. 270.205.6918.

Tight lines...<")))><
Welcome to "THE" board... I knew who you were with your first post.
The sig fish gave it all away :cool:

MrHunters
07-13-2006, 02:20 PM
oooooooo this is getting interesting :)

and mysterious

Rockport24
07-13-2006, 02:31 PM
:lurk:

"uffah!!"
07-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Me thinks Pennhead has opened another Pandora's Box!! Thats what me thinks!!!!!All I can say, if you come looking for trouble, you come to the right place!!!

MrHunters
07-13-2006, 03:09 PM
is nuthin but fish, pennhead?

reelecstasy
07-13-2006, 03:16 PM
is nuthin but fish, pennhead?
Nah, nothing like that. I KNOW it was more of a misinterpretation than anything else. Nothing to see here, move along.....

chris L
07-13-2006, 03:44 PM
HIGH pennhead

Nothin but Fish
07-13-2006, 04:15 PM
JohnR,

Call any time as that is my cell.....<")))><

JohnR
07-13-2006, 09:09 PM
Nothin But Fish - that was a good conversation this evening.

Thank you,

John

For all the S-B'ers, I had an interesting conversation with NBF today. He's running the Striper Series for FLW and it seems to be better and different than what many of us once expected. Many of you know my concerns for Bass Tourneys, this one sounds well put together.

PennHead - I was right :wiggle: