View Full Version : Fresh water fish

NRA4EVER
07-13-2006, 09:06 AM
Just wondering if any of you do any other fishing.
I do a lot of catfishing, bass & trout.
I cant get to the shore as much as i like to.

The Dad Fisherman
07-13-2006, 09:09 AM
Some Trout in the Spring, LM and SM bass in the summer occasionally. and my annual Smelt trip :gu: :buds: in the Winter.

Thats all I used to do...before i got Stripes in the Blood.

chris L
07-13-2006, 02:25 PM
yup
lots of trout and salmon fishing here spring and fall . used to pike fish a lot when I was a boater . still take my kids freshwater fishing often . the only thing I put on a pedestal is FUN .

too only striper fish is tunnel vision IMO

but I also like all kinds of woman and music

Johneeed
07-14-2006, 06:27 AM
I very often fish for LMB and SMB...

I HATE THE CAPE AND PLUM ISLAND on weekends...
so Fri, Sat, and Sun, I sweetwater fish and Mon-Thurs if the tides are in my favor...here I come....

J>D.

crash
07-14-2006, 08:37 AM
I flyfish the sweetwater, not well, but I do it anyways. Mostly trout, and LMB on a 5wt. I will not saltwater fish on long weekends due to morons, but I have to fish somewhere.

Bass Babe
07-14-2006, 09:10 AM
They just stocked our lake with trout, so I've gotta get myself a bag of mini marshmallows and catch those dummies. Caught a few largemouths yesterday, and way too many bigarse pickerel this year. I bet a few of those beasts could break a record. But if I had to spend the amount of time and money that I do to catch a striper, to catch a teeny freshwater fish, I wouldn't do it.

EricW
07-14-2006, 09:17 AM
I do a lot of freshwater fishing. I fish some local lakes for Pickeral and Bass. I actually like to target the pickeral. Some people think it is another nuisance I find the to be a great fish to catch, nice and fiesty (like a Bluefish). Nothing like getting a 2 or 3 pounder on light spinning gear.

chris L
07-14-2006, 10:17 AM
They just stocked our lake with trout, so I've gotta get myself a bag of mini marshmallows and catch those dummies.

marshmallows ?
My daughters wont even fish with marshmallows . use a lure girl .now thats fishing for trout . marshmallows are like hanging around a fire , stay there too long you might get burned . LOL

enjoy it anyway you can do it !!!

BigMike
07-27-2006, 08:59 AM
Fishing for trout in the spring and fall is like a vacation from saltwater. veeerryyy rreelaaxinnngg. Lots of nice stocked ponds on the Cape, all you need is a pair of waders

reelecstasy
07-27-2006, 09:04 AM
I took my two 7 yr old kids out sweetwater fishing tues night. Picked up a couple largemouths, and a dozen bluegills. I love watching them catch :btu:

Rappin Mikey
07-27-2006, 11:07 AM
I'll fish in a puddle if I have to. Do most of my sweetwater stuff in the winter though.