View Full Version : Simple but horrible

Skitterpop
07-16-2006, 06:17 AM
These `parents should go to jail '

Boys found starving; adoptive parents charged

Saturday, July 15, 2006; Posted: 10:08 p.m. EDT (02:08 GMT)

LYMAN, South Carolina (AP) -- A couple has been jailed on felony charges after police discovered their three adopted sons were severely malnourished, including a 5-year-old boy who weighed less than 20 pounds.
An 8-year-old brother weighed less than 40 pounds and a 7-year-old brother weighed about 32 pounds when police found them Thursday. The boys also were treated for bruises, scratches, burns and head lice.
Two of the boys told officers they were tied up to be kept from food in the mobile home.
Dennis McCurry, 30, and Molly McCurry, 29, were each charged with three counts of intentional infliction of great bodily injury upon a child. If convicted of the felony, each faces a minimum 20-year sentence.
A fourth child, Molly McCurry's 10-year-old biological daughter, was found to have head lice but was not malnourished, police said.
"It appeared that mom, dad and daughter ate one way, and the boys ate another way," Spartanburg County sheriff's Sgt. Kevin Bobo said.
According to the incident report, the couple told officers their family "had been dealing with a stomach virus that had caused the weight loss." During his bail hearing, Dennis McCurry told Magistrate Judge John Poole that he had lost 10 pounds.
The couple was denied bail and the children are in protective custody.
The boys are Molly McCurry's biological nephews, but she and her husband adopted them. The boys had lived with the McCurrys since 2003.

Raven
07-16-2006, 06:29 AM
throw away the key

Swimmer
07-16-2006, 10:32 AM
Its al most beyond words:realmad:

basswipe
07-16-2006, 10:46 AM
People like that should simply be put to death.

Swimmer
07-16-2006, 10:54 AM
The stupid turds that let these people adopt the kids should be fired and worse for not checking up on them also.

Bass Babe
07-17-2006, 06:44 AM
My sister adopted 2 kids from Ukraine about 5 years ago, and almost all the kids over there are like that. There are so many babies in the orphanages, they just balance a bottle on their chests for each meal, and if it falls, it falls, and the kids don't eat. One of the babies she brought home was so malnourished, his breastbone had sunken in (body shots, anyone?). He was 2 and couldn't even hold his head up because he spent his entire life lying on his back in a crib. He's now 6, got rid of the TB, still has 2 kinds of hepatitis, wears foot braces, and has autism. Cutest kid, funny stuff. It's horrible when mistreatment of children happens here, but I'm glad it is at least not the norm, like in other places.

The Dad Fisherman
07-17-2006, 07:30 AM
Lock'em up and Don't feed them....simple

Swimmer
07-17-2006, 12:32 PM
Bassbabe, give your sister a hug from all of us for being so courageous!

smac
07-20-2006, 01:06 PM
I would like 5 minutes with them. That's all I need.

To everyone on this board who has kids. Make sure you have a Will!!!With a designated guardian for your kids, or they very well could end up like this .