View Full Version : What to do!

mrmacey
07-24-2006, 07:03 AM
Heres my delima my wife gave me a bracelett 4 years ago i come home every night take my watch off and this bracelett not in 4 years have i broke this routine and i have never misplaced it saturday morning I have a 4am airport so I put my watch on but leave the bracelett well you know the story i went crazy for 2 days looking its gone so last night we are sitting talking and wondering who would have been in the kitchen that could have took this we are in the process of doing the cellar over so we called the contractor and he brought a painter with him saturday we asked him if he or the painter were upstairs in the kitchen he admitted the painter was up in the kitchen getting water well the bracelett was right there and its gone earlier in the day he told my wife he quit all drugs but hes on methadone well answers my question were my 3k dollar bracelett went what to do I have all this contractors tools being held till i get my bracelett back I hold him responsible there was not supposed to be anyone upstairs without someone here the wife went for a walk with the kids and this is when this happened I called the kid in question and of course to take the heat off him he blamed the contractor all I know its a mess I will hold his tools for hostage until i get my property back what would you do

MrHunters
07-24-2006, 07:09 AM
exact same thing, though i don't know if that is a legal approach??

hope you get that back man... that is a tough one.

Mike P
07-24-2006, 08:23 AM
exact same thing, though i don't know if that is a legal approach??

It's not. The bracelet has already been fenced---your legal recourse is to put in a claim on your homeowner's policy.

Mike P
07-24-2006, 10:29 AM
And as an FYI---in 22 years of practicing criminal law, I have never run across a methadone user who would pass up a chance to treat him or herself to a hit of smack when the opportunity presented itself.

tattoobob
07-24-2006, 10:24 PM
Call the cops and make a report, have the painter and the contractor questioned. also check everything and make sure nothing esle is missing? making a insurance clain will increase your insurance per year like 500 dollars a year.