View Full Version : Off to Denver in a few hours

MrHunters
07-25-2006, 11:28 AM
Going for a 6 day vacation. I'll see if I can find any bass but in the event there are non :uhoh:, anyone been there and have done something that was a should not miss experience..

We are stayingin a yurt (glorified tent) and doing some horseback riding, budwiser tour, train ride up a mountain, lake, concert at red rocks. thats whats planned so far. should be pretty fun, havent had a vacation in over a year. :buds:

Sluggoslinger
07-25-2006, 12:13 PM
Do Boulder, great little city with a ton of nice restaurants. A ride up to brekenridge is always pretty. Steamboat springs is a great summer spot as well.

MrHunters
07-25-2006, 12:16 PM
awsome... anything with good music and food is fine by us :)

BMEUPSCOTTY
07-25-2006, 12:41 PM
Who are you seeing at red rocks? Flaming Lips? Steely Dan? That looks like an awesome place, and I would love to see a show there someday. Have fun. A guy I work with (a fly guy) has a buddy out there that he visits, and he raves about fishing the San Juan river in NM, but that's quite a ride.

sapo
07-25-2006, 12:58 PM
Maybe not the best, but when I was there...
Annie's Cafe 4012 E. 8Th Ave. Chicken fried steak with biscuits and sausage gravy for breakfast with a spicy red beer to wash it down:drool:
On the main road from Denver to Red Rocks, just past it there is a small trout stream with plenty of visible fish in it, but I had a MH casting rod with an Abu bait caster and 30# braid.
Homemade salumi and cheesed at Luca D'Italia restaurant at 711 Grant Street, great meal. Actually the chef there, Mike, gave me my first fishing rod and reel as a going away present when we worked together in Boston.
My lady dragged me to the botanical gardens and it was actually really cool.
Have fun!

MrHunters
07-25-2006, 01:13 PM
^^^
I just got wicked hungry :) Just wrote that down.

Going to see Flaming lips/ween...Im there to see ween, could give or take the FL.... either way.. Im all giddy about going to see a show at the famous red rocks.

richs
07-25-2006, 01:19 PM
Winter Park is a nice town about 2 hrs. from Denver. Fun rodeo, Alpine slide at the ski hill, lakes and trout streams nearby. My wife's bro lives there.

pops02
07-26-2006, 09:39 AM
Drive to the top of Pikes Peak....a nice white knuckle ride...:eek5:

MrHunters
08-03-2006, 09:38 AM
Drive to the top of Pikes Peak....a nice white knuckle ride...:eek5:

we took the cog railroad up pikes... however we did drive up a mountain in the national park in estes(??) put it in neutral for about 20 miles on the down hill... that was pretty intense... no guardrails and big drop offs windy roads.

that trip was great. red rocks was an amazing venue.. get out there to see a show if you are into that sort of thing.

the heat was unbarable... what you are feeling today and yesterday was our entire trip out there. record heats all week....oh and don't believe any route signs... they were never right :)

the trip did make me re appreciate where we live and how lucky we are to have this ocean we take for grant it on many occasions. met people out there who have never seen ocean before.

thank you all for the suggestions :)

bart
08-03-2006, 11:23 AM
"hey little boy, what you got there?
kind sir its a mollusk i've found.
have you found it in the sandy ground?
was it emullating the ocean's sound?"

love ween :humpty:

MrHunters
08-03-2006, 12:29 PM
"hey little boy, what you got there?
kind sir its a mollusk i've found.
have you found it in the sandy ground?
was it emullating the ocean's sound?"

love ween :humpty:

:kewl::kewl::kewl::kewl::kewl:

the show rocked, deaner was on top of his game. that being said... i like the small venue shows better. more intamate is gooder.

:cheers:

Swimmer
08-03-2006, 12:35 PM
Estes Park, Mrhunter....great hiking, food, and the smallest trout I have ever seen in my entire life.

MrHunters
08-03-2006, 12:41 PM
Estes Park, Mrhunter....great hiking, food, and the smallest trout I have ever seen in my entire life.

yep thats it...

there were a few elk (i think) hanging out in the town eating grass right next to a motel... it was kind of surreal. got pictures... will post when developed. :chased:

bart
08-03-2006, 01:49 PM
that being said... i like the small venue shows better. more intamate is gooder.

without a doubt.

glad you had a good time...