View Full Version : any hints for me?

harritchate
07-25-2006, 04:47 PM
Hi everyone!.. well this is my first post but ive been reading for some time now.. I got all the necessities for turning plugs and i made my first pencil popper blanks. Before i go further i need some help.

I havent drilled for the thru-wire yet, any suggestions about size 1/8 3/16.. anything? I wanted to know what is the best method for finishing the wire, any tool needed to wrap the loops tightly? and weight whats the best way to add lead to a lure?

I am experienced with finishing wood but i was wondering if anyone had used a brand of sealer called Spray-Zit laquer sanding sealer and Spray-Zit gloss? I use these for work and wonder if i could use them on lures as well.

......Any help is appreciated.
Ben

Raven
07-26-2006, 05:34 AM
Welcome to S-B :wavey:

those topics are covered in the plug archives
but someone (builder)who has time may chime in

numbskull
07-27-2006, 10:41 AM
Through drill with either 1/8 or 5/32.
Weight with either lead slugs to fit a hole in the belly, or lead through wire weights in the tail (both are available at M&D's in wareham, or NJ tackle by internet).
Most people seal with some sort of oil/thinner mix, then prime.
Check out the plug building forum search function, there is a wealth of info to help you.

justplugit
07-27-2006, 01:18 PM
Welcome Harritchate. :)

Search wire wrapping posts. Capesams had a real good one awhile back.

harritchate
07-27-2006, 03:37 PM
thanks guys... i appreciate the welcomes and all the help.. ill need the help to turn out plugs like you guys can...
Ben