View Full Version : Nomans

Strat
07-26-2006, 12:40 PM
Thinking about taking a run out to Nomans tommorrow. Never fished here before so anyone have any advice? I was thinking of either trolling or chunking for stripers/blues. Also is this a realistic spot for tuna with green machines or cedars?

UserRemoved1
07-26-2006, 02:41 PM
Not to sound like an %$%$%$%$%$%$%$ but if you've never fished it then don't do it by yourself.

Nomans land is a pretty dangerous place, there are places with rocks well offshore that will easily grab you, and if there is any kind of swell you really need to know what you are doing and where you are. Rocks there are larger than trucks, and any kind of swell will pick you up and easily drop you on top of one...

It's a pretty inhospitable place, you need to be prepared for offshore boating out there, your radio will not work well to call for help in many places, and it's a long way home if something happens. You are on your own for all purposes and will want to make sure you have your stuff well thought out. Best done with a buddy boat, I've fished there hundreds of times and still to this day like to have a buddy boat if possible.

There are alot more places easier to fish that aren't so far either, Gay Head, Old Man etc.

Strat
07-26-2006, 03:32 PM
Point taken and thanks for the advice!!!!
I think I will try and do some trolling around the Quicks and Robinsons.
Any chance of being sucessful there without wire?

UserRemoved1
07-26-2006, 03:42 PM
absolutely, fish the areas around both shores etc and you will find fish somewhere. Look around outside Quicks in the sound area for boofish also.

EricW
07-26-2006, 05:59 PM
The fish in my avatar was caught there by my Grandfather in 1969. It is a 54 lb caught on a blue goo goo. He used to say that place held big ones, but that it was a very dangerous place to fish. I think Scott is right in going with a buddy boat.

UserRemoved1
07-26-2006, 06:59 PM
If ya boat goes down out there get to shore very quickly and then stand on the biggest rock you can right at the side of the water....cuz if'n the tiger sharks don't getchu the bombs will :shocked: