View Full Version : W.C. Bradley

BigBo
07-27-2006, 06:37 AM
I needed a new handle and a couple other minor parts for my six year old Fin-Nor Ahab spinning reel. After negative results local searches, I contacted Fin-Nor with some doubts as to my success since they were somewhat defunct for a little while now. They are now owned by W.C. Bradley Co. (Van Staal, Zebco, Fin-Nor, Quantum, et al). They were extremely helpful, generous and informative. For the cost of shippping, they are sending the parts free of charge.:kewl: The girl I talked to said that they have a new line of Fin-Nor reels coming out soon including some redesigned Ahab Spinners.
I know the models like mine are heavy, but beyond that, I can say nothing bad about that reel at all. It's been a solid performer as long as I've owned it and I'm pleased that W.C. Bradley has helped keep it that way with good customer relations.
Just thought I'd pass that along.:cputin:

Pete_G
07-27-2006, 06:32 PM
Wasn't too long ago some thought they were going to be buying Van Staal Snoopy reels from Wal-Mart... :rollem: Not surprisingly that never came to pass...

They've done well letting VS do it's thing and backing it as necessary, looks like the same will be done for Fin-nor. I'm looking foward to having them back in the shop, I'm a big fan of the Ahab series. Current planning is for no price increase from where the Ahabs were before.

jim sylvester
07-27-2006, 06:55 PM
I had my hands on the prototype yesterday......

solid as the originals

huge cork drag, super smooth

can't beat the ahabs for the money when they were in production

unfortunate when the shippment from overseas came in no good

BigBo
07-27-2006, 08:20 PM
All that stuff from overseas with the Fin-Nor name is gone. They will not be selling or supporting those products any longer.:claps:

Finaddict
07-27-2006, 09:30 PM
W.C. Bradley is doing it right, they are continuing to produce existing great products and coming out with great new products - VS and the Quantum Cabo reels are great and a lot less $$ than the top-line Shimanos and Daiwas.