View Full Version : Sharks and Seals

Sweetwater
07-27-2006, 12:12 PM
There was a confirmed report in the Cape Cod Times (July 16 I think) of a shark (tentatively identified as a great white) taking a seal off of a Chatham beach.

Today, a friend of mine (very reliable) reported a shark taking a seal near Race Point, and another shark taking a seal a few yards (3rd wave) off of Coast Guard beach in the last day or so.

I'm wondering if the "tree huggers" and PETA types are going to wait until a shark injures or kills a swimmer or surfer before we can do something about the exploding seal populations on the northern cape and Monomoy? :mad:

chris L
07-27-2006, 12:48 PM
guess its time for a road trip . Ill just set up my lounge chair , drinks and my camera and wait for the show . maybe Ill see some fox eat some plovers too .

about time the word got out in the shark circles that dinner is being served on the cape . Tell your friends " best eats in the ocean "

partsjay
07-27-2006, 02:05 PM
Bring em on!! I hate seals.....Sharks and Seals are like Peanut Butter & Jelly.

lucky star
07-27-2006, 02:23 PM
the weekend of july I was out there by the cut and heard a guy on the radio , talking to boaters sayin he was a surfer and just saw a shark take a seal off the beach,same weekend,

MakoMike
07-27-2006, 02:43 PM
Looks like the sharks are about to solve the seal problem.

Clogston29
07-27-2006, 02:44 PM
Problem is that they probably won't make a significant dent in the population and we'll just end up with seals and sharks.

RoyL
07-27-2006, 05:49 PM
Problem is that they probably won't make a significant dent in the population and we'll just end up with seals and sharks.

I second that.............Here's video of a 23 foot great white off of Chatham 3 years ago. Not to close, but close enough...10miles out and estamated over 3000lbs. Just click on the great white part1 & 2 they are a little long, but pretty cool to watch.

http://www.offthehookfishing.com/fishingvideo.html

t.orlando
07-27-2006, 05:59 PM
m wondering if the "tree huggers" and PETA types are going to wait until a shark injures or kills a swimmer or surfer before we can do something about the exploding seal populations on the northern cape and Monomoy? :mad:
Unfortunately, that has been what I have been thinking the last few years

Pt.JudeJoe
07-27-2006, 06:09 PM
You know , if everybody got a 5 gal bucket of frozen pogy chum and set it out on the beaches it could get interesting out there.:smokin:

BobT
07-27-2006, 06:27 PM
:happy: :jump1: :jump: :claps: Go sharks go !!!!!

Redsoxticket
07-27-2006, 06:39 PM
Do you want a biscuit ?
TomCat kills rats and more