View Full Version : New VS Site

tattoobob
07-28-2006, 08:05 PM
http://www.vanstaal.com/

And look who is on the front page

spence
07-28-2006, 08:44 PM
Bob, you do realize Pete_G catches all those big fish don't ya...why do you think the pictures are always posed? :hee:

-spence

basswipe
07-28-2006, 10:12 PM
Bob, you do realize Pete_G catches all those big fish don't ya...why do you think the pictures are always posed? :hee:

-spence
:shocked: A certain someone else might take excepetion to that!Dom?

What a shame.

NIB
07-28-2006, 10:19 PM
Looking at the specs for the new 275 it seems they just put he specs for the 100 in its place.If they need a demo dude I'm there man.
I can demolish anything.

Pete_G
07-28-2006, 10:48 PM
Looking at the specs for the new 275 it seems they just put he specs for the 100 in its place.If they need a demo dude I'm there man.
I can demolish anything.

Yeah, definitely a mis-print. The 275 has almost the capacity of the 300 and picks up over 40" of line per turn. I think the number is 44". If you don't already have a 200 or 250 it has to be considered if you're purchasing a VS.

When I first got it my immediate reaction was wtf do I need this for, I have way more then enough line on my 250, but the fast retrieve is great. I never really thought I wanted or needed it for anything until I had it. Real nice for working Pencils and anything else that demands a faster retrieve. I like it for bucktails as well. Actually I like it for everything, I'm afraid to go back to my 250 because I think I'm going to find that I don't like it as much anymore.

NIB
07-29-2006, 07:18 AM
I was hoping it would be slower.Is this there attempt at a high speed canal spinning style reel.Or fancy inshore tuna reel for waters like costa rica where they also have the GT.they have lost quite a few
High end sales to the Saltiga's.I like the size I think the 250 is too small.an the 300 too big.

Pete_G
07-29-2006, 08:51 AM
I was hoping it would be slower.Is this there attempt at a high speed canal spinning style reel.Or fancy inshore tuna reel for waters like costa rica where they also have the GT.they have lost quite a few
High end sales to the Saltiga's.I like the size I think the 250 is too small.an the 300 too big.

It's fast, fastest reel in the line up by far. The uses you listed above are exactly what they're thinking, I think.

NIB
07-29-2006, 12:59 PM
Let me tell ya why it won't work they need to change the gearing to incorporate a long cast spool.One with a more braid friendly wrap.
Making it faster is only one part of the equasion.them japanese reels are firmly implanted now.It's gonna take a perfect reel to pry em out of the hands of there users.Ask Mr Van Stahlmo if he can make me a slower 275.