View Full Version : Worm Hatch, (what works best?)

05-13-2002, 09:20 AM
I was just wondering what your favorite spinning gear tackle is for the worm hatch? What plugs seem to work the best?

Scotch Bonnet
05-13-2002, 09:33 AM
Don, I use a medium freshwater outfit with 10# test line attached to a barrel swivel to a leader of 15# test. I tie on a texas rig worm hook and use a 6" white or pink sluggo. Alot of guys use a 3" sluggo with a smaller hook and flourocarbon leader. Best action is a bright sunny afternoon with light wind and most fish hitting aggressively after 7 pm. Did you find out the better half's schedule for this week??? I will be fishing Tuesday night with my brother-in-law..........

OliverNBPT
05-13-2002, 10:35 AM
I've had success using 3" sluggos with approximately 3' plus of leader material attached to a wood dowel for casting weight.

Bill L
05-13-2002, 06:24 PM
I use my 7-foot St. Croix Tidemaster with a fast tip (great for light jigs and plastics, but with a pretty good backbone), and a Penn 4500 spooled with 10# mono. The three inch Bubblegum sluggos on a light hook work well. I like to tie direct, with no leader or clip, as the fish can be very selective; just check for nicks and try not to let the fish roll on the line. They're pretty light, but if you have a good drift or anchor in the right spot, you won't have to cast very far.

Homerun04
05-13-2002, 07:26 PM
I do the same as Matoonuc....but sometimes add a lead head for more casting distance.