View Full Version : Plug Bag Question

Adam R
07-31-2006, 07:06 AM
Tried a shoulder strap plug bag instead of my standard belt bag this weekend for the first time. Is there a good way anyone has found to prevent the bag from sliding forward everytime you bend over? Releasing fish was a pain with the plug bag dangling in from of me.

Tattoo
07-31-2006, 07:12 AM
Adam, look at the aquaskinz large bag. Has a nice little loop that you can attach to you belt ( via a clip) to prevent it from flopping over every single time. Excellent idea on Kadir's part. You should be able to rig something similar up to other bags as well.

afterhours
07-31-2006, 07:25 AM
it would be nice to rig it not to slide down and around when you land fish, but also easlily brought to the front for accessing it without a tug of war. i love my large a/s and s/c ultimate, but don't use them as often as i'd like for that very reason. gotta check out that loop that mike mentioned.

NIB
07-31-2006, 07:28 AM
I use the aqua skin bag like Tattoo said.
When I tell ya I have em all.It's no lie.It is still my favorite.
I used to just use a wire tie to make a loop an glue it with some zap so it don't tighten.Just poke it through the bottom of the bag on the bottom, back inside corner.A small piece of plastic pipe like water supply tubing will keep the zip from collapsing the bag.some bags have loops on the back for something u could just attach it to that.Another for a little loop on to that.then attach that to a clip on ur belt.U can make a small lanyard outa a old phone cord to give u a few more inches.If u get knocked down it could hang up on ya if Ur in the water.plus the bag fills with water if Ur deep an adds weight if Ur trying to get up on a rock.things to consider.It's is nice when Ur climbing around on rocks like jetty's.The weight of a bag swinging around can be just enough to knock u off balance.Another one of he plus's is when ur on a rock an get knocked off it's good u don't have ur bag flailing around.I wear the shoulder strap as long as possible I find this keeps it out of my way pretty good.

GoFish
07-31-2006, 10:15 AM
look at the aquaskinz large bag. Has a nice little loop that you can attach to you belt ( via a clip) to prevent it from flopping over every single time.

That's what that's for. Guess I'm a little slow. I'll definitely use it. THANKS!

Skitterpop
07-31-2006, 10:24 AM
Some bags (not plug/surf specific) have slots on their base so you can rig a belt to alleviate that slide thing.... its does suck when you`re crawling down some big rocks and your 17# bag comes sliding out front :eek:

Roger
07-31-2006, 11:55 AM
Try shortening the strap a bit and sliding it way around back when you land a fish. It should stay there.

Adam R
07-31-2006, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the tips. I just rigged up a strap with a quick disconnect to go on the belt. I'll give it a shot tonight.

In The Surf
07-31-2006, 01:33 PM
Most plug bags that have shoulder straps also have the loops for a surf belt/strap on the backside so you can prevent that from happening. I use two belts, a stiffer, heavier surf belt (also has my pliers, rope and knife on it) and an more elastic type surf belt to secure my bag to my side or behind me to keep it from flying around when rock hopping and being in the way when I don't want it to.

RIJIMMY
07-31-2006, 02:07 PM
Try shortening the strap a bit and sliding it way around back when you land a fish. It should stay there.

Thats what I do, I basically wear mine on my back and it never slides.

Tagger
07-31-2006, 02:58 PM
mostly use aqua skins medium ,, I swing it around so its hanging in back of me .. swing it around front to change plugs .. But have been eyeing the 3 tubes... thinking maybe 2 three tubes on suspenders and belt combo ... mexican gun slinger type set up .

jkswimmer
07-31-2006, 04:44 PM
I wear mine around the back and no problems with bending over and so forth.

nightfighter
07-31-2006, 05:40 PM
Maybe time someone designs a backpack type of strap, similar to what was done to golf bags so that the weight is carried by both shoulders, and keeps the bag squarely on your back until you want to bring it around to the front.......

Adam R
08-01-2006, 07:12 AM
Shortened the shoulder strap - worked better than before. Back to the drawing board on the strap to the belt, it was too hard to reconnect one handed while standing in the surf. Thanks for all of the input.

NIB
08-01-2006, 07:17 AM
I don't disconnect it while fishing I slide it around.I have a Hunter belt the loop will slide around with the bag just enough.

BasicPatrick
08-02-2006, 04:09 PM
Part of the Aquaskinz system is the swivel clips that are attached to belt loops. We did this so that a fisher could place the swivel clips on thir belt in a location to do just what you guys are talking about, keep the bag out of the way and oh, by the way, usuing the Aquaskinz swivel Clips you also get the added weight displacement when hauling your bag all night too. The swivel clips come two in a bag and should retail for about $10 for the bag.

stiff tip
08-02-2006, 04:27 PM
adam take your best 5or6 plugs just keep um in your pockets....like i do