View Full Version : Future Storm?

Skitterpop
08-01-2006, 09:51 AM
Tropical Storm Chris L

heads for Leeward Islands

var clickExpire = "08/31/2006";http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/WEATHER/08/01/tropical.weather.ap/story.trpcl.chris.strm.ap.jpg This NOAA image shows Tropical Storm Chris L 160 miles southeast of Antigua at 1:45 a.m. ET. Tuesday.

var cnnStoryUrl = 'http://robots.cnn.com/2006/WEATHER/08/01/tropical.weather.ap/index.html';var cnnDisplayDomesticCL = 1; var cnnDisplayIntlCL = 1;

SPECIAL REPORT

MIAMI, Florida (AP) -- Tropical Storm Chris L , the third named storm of the 2006 Atlantic hurricane season, developed early Tuesday near the Leeward Islands, forecasters at the National Hurricane Center said.
A tropical storm warning was posted for the islands of Antigua, Barbuda, Anguilla, St. Kitts, Nevis, Saba, St. Eustatius, St. Barthelemy and St. Martin.

likwid
08-01-2006, 10:00 AM
far too early to tell what its gonna do.

but with the current system tracking so far this season and the location of the bermuda high, we might get it.

JohnR
08-01-2006, 11:11 AM
MIAMI, Florida (AP) -- Tropical Storm Chris L , the third named storm of the 2006 Atlantic hurricane season, developed early Tuesday near the Leeward Islands, forecasters at the National Hurricane Center said.

Tropical Storm Chris L is wandering aimlessly east of the Leeward Islands unable to make up it's mind on which island to bug. This storm was not so easily identified due to the long locks of clouds flowing off the top of the storm and was intitially misconstrued as a female named storm.

:grins:

spence
08-01-2006, 11:13 AM
Have you noticed the doomsday volume being turned up dramatically in the past few weeks?

Makes you think though...what's your plan?

I'm bringing the entire family up to the PIEMMA compound :hihi:

-spence

Skitterpop
08-01-2006, 11:18 AM
John R.... so astute :btu:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spence:
canned goods, lots of water, batteries, and loads of fishing gear :wavey:

spence
08-01-2006, 11:20 AM
Funny, I didn't even see his comment :conf: Good thing I've met the poor SOB for context...:p

My son (who's not even 3) was asking for a boogie board, this may be just the time to get him one :beat:

-spence

RickBomba
08-01-2006, 08:31 PM
It's about time that NOAA recognized chris L for what he really, truly is...a freaking natural disaster with damaging effects of epic proportions...well at least to me and my brother.
Rock on Hurricane!
Later,
Bomba

Slipknot
08-03-2006, 04:54 PM
I just heard on the news that tropical storm Chris L is disorganized
:jester:

John, that is funny:jump: