View Full Version : Tek out 4-6 weeks!?!?!

BigFish
08-01-2006, 05:13 PM
He injure his knee in last nights game??? Man they sure are not making a big deal about it in the news!!! Must be too busy slamming Mel Gibson!:laugha: Losing Veritek for any length of time will hurt!:doh:

MrHunters
08-01-2006, 06:04 PM
did you really just hear 4-6weeks? oh man that is a tough one...now of all times too.

lurch
08-01-2006, 09:02 PM
OH-VER-RAAATED.

He is good but it is not like losing Ortiz or Ramirez.

CAL
08-01-2006, 09:44 PM
OH-VER-RAAATED.

He is good but it is not like losing Ortiz or Ramirez.

He may be over rated, but when your next option is Mirabelli.....you're in big trouble.

Geez, why can't we get a guy like Josh Bard? Isn't he hitting the cover off the ball this year? :hihi: At least he was, I don't know about now.

Surfcastinglife
08-02-2006, 12:46 AM
v-tek may not be hitting well this year, but his game management is huge for this team.....and mirabelli is hitting a buck eighty.... espn says partial tear of the meniscus and surgery....uh oh!

lurch
08-02-2006, 09:15 AM
bring up schopek...DOH!...nevermind.

vineyardblues
08-02-2006, 12:25 PM
We are in deep Chit :crying:

Squid kids Dad
08-02-2006, 12:49 PM
Where's the bridge..Who is gonna jump 1st...:sick:

The Dad Fisherman
08-02-2006, 12:56 PM
No jumping Here...just a small bump in the road.

Bigcat
08-02-2006, 08:37 PM
I am jumping up and down that stiff is out of the line up:hee:
All I hear is he is so good with the pitchers lol,what the heck do they have a pitching coach for, and send advance scouts to all future opponemts games? Read the scouts reports watch some film, and make a game plan.
The sox have people that do nothing but brake down film.
The guy is cooked,done,he has not done a thing since the middle of last season.
I wonder if the World Baseball Classic took what little he had left out of him?

Vermonter
08-03-2006, 07:12 PM
He hasn't been swinging the bat as well as usual the last season and a half but I still wish they had him in there, especially given the pitching situation. If we had all veteran pitchers that would be one thing but we've got 2-3 starters who began they year at Pawtucket, some who were there 30 days or so ago. Yeah Varitek will be available in the clubhouse and dugout but thats not the same as running things on a pitch to pitch basis.

Be interesting to see what their record is during the games Tek is out, he was out once before(2001 maybe?) and ESPN said they were a sub .500 ballclub.