View Full Version : A political thought

spence
08-02-2006, 09:01 AM
I just had a thought.

Had the political leaders we have today been alive at the founding of this country...

The Barak Obamas, John McCains, Russ Feingold's, Lincoln Chafees, Lindsey Grahams, Joe Bidens, John Warners etc... of the colonies would have been leading the Revolution inspired by classical Liberalisim.

While the Bill Frists, Tom Delays, #^&#^&#^&#^& Cheneys, Karl Roves, Rick Santorums etc... would have been ratting out the hidden cellar magazines of the colonial insurgents to play favor with King George III.

That is all, carry on...

-spence

The Dad Fisherman
08-02-2006, 09:04 AM
Your such a troublemaker.....:hihi:

stripersnipr
08-02-2006, 09:07 AM
And where do we suppose the Ted Kennedy's Barbara Boxer's, John Kerry's and Howard Deans be? My guess, waving the white flag to the British.

spence
08-02-2006, 09:07 AM
This isn't a troll...I'm deadly serious :zup:

-spence

Swimmer
08-02-2006, 09:08 AM
Spence is that some kind of oxymoron.....:rotf2:

I just finished reading the Mayflower by Mr. Philbrick. Great read about the early settlers. I dont know if it is the best book about Pilgrims as some have said, but it could be.

One thing that was painfully obvious it that politics in Massachusetts is as petty and coniving today as it was in 1620, 30, 40, 50, 60............really, nothing has changed one iota. Its almost as if Winslow, Standish, Church and the others were still alive and instituting public policy today.

Thats my thought for today!:read:

spence
08-02-2006, 09:09 AM
And where do we suppose the Ted Kennedy's Barbara Boxer's, John Kerry's and Howard Deans be? My guess, waving the white flag to the British.
Kenney would be playing both sides, probably running rum up the Sakonnet river :)

Boxer is a woman, she wouldn't be in a position of authority.

Kerry would be a conscript in the Revolutionary army,

And Dean would have already been shot by the Britts :p

-spence

Mike P
08-02-2006, 09:11 AM
And where do we suppose the Ted Kennedy's .......be?

Hositing a glass to whatever side he'd be on, from the bar at Faunces Tavern.

RIJIMMY
08-02-2006, 09:12 AM
Not so sure Spence. it was the businessmen that first stirred the pot for Revolution, not politicians. many were intersted in there own pocketbooks.

spence
08-02-2006, 09:16 AM
Not so sure Spence. it was the businessmen that first stirred the pot for Revolution, not politicians. many were intersted in there own pocketbooks.
If it was their own pocketbooks that inspired them to declare all men are created equal...then I'm down with that :)

-spence

RIJIMMY
08-02-2006, 09:26 AM
If it was their own pocketbooks that inspired them to declare all men are created equal...then I'm down with that :)

-spence

it was also their own pocketbooks that inspired them to hold slaves. ;)

spence
08-02-2006, 09:41 AM
it was also their own pocketbooks that inspired them to hold slaves. ;)
Well, at least they resolved that little issue in good time :)

-spence

NaCl H2O
08-02-2006, 09:55 AM
Kerry would be a conscript in the Revolutionary army,

And half way through the war he would switch sides, disavow his fellow conscripts and travel to Paris where he would arrange a meeting with King George to kiss his a$$ ;)

spence
08-02-2006, 09:58 AM
And half way through the war he would switch sides, disavow his fellow conscripts and travel to Paris where he would arrange a meeting with King George to kiss his a$$ ;)
Nah, he'd just be the one standing in the rear because he still couldn't get his flintlock to fire ;)

-spence

Skitterpop
08-02-2006, 10:29 AM
Your such a troublemaker.....:hihi:

I`d hate to be his employer :bl:

spence
08-02-2006, 10:40 AM
I`d hate to be his employer :bl:
Actually I'm one of the most productive among my peers :)

It's not how always how hard you work, but the results that count.

-spence

Skitterpop
08-02-2006, 10:54 AM
Spence :hihi:

Do you work for S-B dot com?

I think we are up to WW5 by now :point:

stormfish
08-02-2006, 11:27 AM
Actually I'm one of the most productive among my peers :)

It's not how always how hard you work, but the results that count.

-spence

Amen!:gu:

Skitterpop
08-02-2006, 12:05 PM
Now.... you must know I`m only kidding Spence :devil2:

Keep em coming :buds:

spence
08-02-2006, 01:36 PM
Sorry, I had to go get my tooth cleaned :tooth:

-spence

Skitterpop
08-02-2006, 01:46 PM