View Full Version : Psychic Powers and Surfcasting

wader-dad
08-02-2006, 12:56 PM
Last night was a slow night and I had not had a bump for a couple of hours waiting for the tide to get right when I cast and after 2 cranks I said to myself "come on hit me" and sure enough at that exact instant -Bam I got an explosive hit and had a nice bass.
Of course some times it doesn't work but other past mental commands have sometimes worked and when they do it is pretty wild. I guess I should buy a lotto ticket today. Anybody else have any psychic powers?

CanalGuy
08-02-2006, 01:07 PM
Fishing the canl with not much action I turned to my girlfriend and said "right now is the beginning of Prime Time" as soon as it came out of my mouth a heavy slam on my rod. Was a great fight but soon saw it was a blue. Better than nothin'

Slingah
08-02-2006, 01:20 PM
I talk to myself constantly while fishing :jump1: ...and lay out all kinds of commands and wishes:devil2: .....and sometimes it does work:uhuh:

Skitterpop
08-02-2006, 01:22 PM
power of our minds is greatly under utilized....look at me :spin:

JohnR
08-02-2006, 01:26 PM
Yep - usually happens when need to take a leak or something...

Joe
08-02-2006, 01:30 PM
Just make sure to use your powers for good, not evil.
Sometimes I think bad thoughts about people and the next thing - Poof! They're dead.

numbskull
08-02-2006, 01:31 PM
First time I saw a shooting star fishing under the cliffs at Gay Head I wished a #40. Moments latter I took a #45 which to this day remains my best beach fish. Since then I've wished on hundreds of shooting stars without result. Wished I'd wished a #50 instead.

MrHunters
08-02-2006, 03:33 PM
every cast i say that... im averaging probably under 1%.... maybe i shouldnt rely on that so much :)

Brother Brian
08-03-2006, 11:36 AM
It happens for me just when I have decided to leave for the next spot because this one is dead. Invariable it is preceded by the following; 'There isn't a GD fish in this F**&ing spot" BAM, I'm in. The only problem is that usually, USUALLY, I am right and that is the ONLY fish in that spot (for me...) but I spend the next hour finding that out and then wonder if I would have caught at the OTHER spot. This year I am determined to leave right after catching that one fish (this is step 6 in the 12 step program ....).

Flaptail
08-03-2006, 12:08 PM
I wish I could have psychic fish powers, I could have avoided a lot of fishless days and nights by knowing in advance that it was going to absolutely futile. I'm to low on the food chain to have any psyhic anomaly.

Swimmer
08-03-2006, 12:16 PM
I think some of us should start wearing a helmet fishing after reading this thread.:usd:

Finaddict
08-03-2006, 09:28 PM
Yes, well psychic stories, could also be coincidence ... but here is one that was fun and frustrating ...

... early September in Western Long Island Sound, early to mid 1980s ... was in my dad's boat, flat calm, hot and sunny day, not much action around ... headed down to a local harbor -- small and had a very narrow opening, that could really only accomodate one boat passing through at a time -- it was built when the local community was built, all man made -- but a good spot to find pogies/bunker ...

... as I was approaching the entrance of the harbor, I thought to myself, "man, what if there was a school of bunker getting slammed by stripers in here!" ... just then a small fog bank appears, as I drive through the small fog bank, the radio dies and I enter the harbor ... and sure enough, at the back of the cove, there was a school of pogies pinned against the shore and pegged behind some docks, it was pretty tight quarters ...

... first cast, snag a bunker, before I even turn the handle of my rod, wham, bass on, but it takes me around a piling ... re-tie another snag, quick cast and snag a pogie, and a bass inhales it immediately and pulls me around a piling to snap off ... finally get a bait in, hook it up to a more substantial boat/conventional outfit ... toss the bait in and immediately inhaled by a striper, the bass goes down around the piling, but this time I am hanging on battline a fish and piling at the same time, the bait pulls out of the fishes mouth, it is crushed flat and the scales are stripped off ... get my spin outfit again snag another bait, pull in a few more and then the action dies.

I motor to the entrance of the harbor, go through a fog bank ... the radio comes back on and then I toss out some chunks to intercept the fish leaving the harbor, nothing at all ... as if it never happened ... I was in too close, it was pretty frustrating but fun at the same time.

dondkim
08-05-2006, 08:26 AM
Prayer works for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:jump:

Nebe
08-05-2006, 08:27 AM
Just make sure to use your powers for good, not evil.
Sometimes I think bad thoughts about people and the next thing - Poof! They're dead.

i'll be thinking about W and cheney tonight :hihi:

Skitterpop
08-05-2006, 08:41 AM
Eat tuna and shrimp salad sandwiches, baked cod, and pickled herring before you go..... also carry a porous bag of Mack and Pogie chunks and dead eels and fresh clams on your wading belt....

Then sweat alot making sure it gets in the water....then with your third eye focus and envision cows coming to your line.

Note: watch out for sharks :usd:

nightfighter
08-05-2006, 08:56 AM
every cast i say that... im averaging probably under 1%

I'd feel blessed if I could be close to 1%

Backbeach Jake
08-05-2006, 09:02 AM
My last psychic forcast on the beach was in 1965 with my Dad at Cold Storage Beach when there was still a Cold Storage. "Dad, I can catch a striper in 5 casts" Wham! I'm on! Then the 60's really got going and I killed those brain cells. Sometimes I can still hear them scream in my head!:usd: :uhoh:

Raven
08-05-2006, 09:21 AM
palms flat (facing away from you)
fingers pointing to the sky...

breathe slowly
you have to be calm...
and wait for a flooding of heat or tingling....

or emotions depending on what your trying to sense.

you can find anything lost this way....

when dowsers hold the two bent rods to dowse for water

yes the rods do turn....i've seen it prooved to me 3 times

all with tremendous results like 50 gallons per minute artisian wells (self pumping) kind of success.... right where the rods crossed... X

the point being it's the dowsers body doing the sensing
and the rods are merely reacting to the pull....

i find lost things this way....

Skitterpop
08-05-2006, 09:30 AM
palms flat (facing away from you)

breathe slowly
you have to be calm...
and wait for a flooding of heat or tingling....

or emotions depending on what your trying to sense.

you can find anything lost this way....

when dowsers hold the two bent rods to dowse for water

yes the rods do turn....i've seen it prooved to me 3 times

all with tremendous results like 50 gallons per minute artisian wells (self pumping) kind of success.... right where the rods crossed... X

the point being it's the dowsers body doing the sensing
and the rods are merely reacting to the pull....

i find lost things this way....

I`m coming over to see if you can find my mind :jester:

Aqua-man
08-05-2006, 09:59 AM
I don't need psychic powers, I just use my super powers to speak with the fish.:D

JohnR
08-05-2006, 10:08 AM
OK - On Step 1 : palms flat (facing away from you)

I've already dropped my rod in the water :shocked:

Backbeach Jake
08-05-2006, 10:38 AM
OK - On Step 1 : palms flat (facing away from you)

I've already dropped my rod in the water :shocked:

There it is, my big laugh of the day!!