View Full Version : Rhody Conditions

Cool_Hand_Fluke
05-14-2002, 08:42 AM
Hey boys...long time no post.

I will be up your way for the middle of next week. Gonna be staying in Warren for a few days (2 or 3) and use the Brother-In-Law's crib as a base of operations. Not looking for spots cause I got some decent ideas of where to go. Even for a jersey boy. :D Unless somebody wants to take me to the ditch. ;)

My questions are more on the productivity on the fish up your way this time of the year. I am just now getting the stink of bunker of my hands and hoping to do some serious pluggin/jiggin while I am up that way.

What are the striped one feeding on...bigger baits, smaller ones?

Also what wind conditions do you guys find the best...I think there is some difference as to what gets 'em going up your way as opposed to down here.

One last question...do I really need korkers ;)

05-14-2002, 10:12 AM
You will need to find and retain some herring if you want big fish at this time of the season consistanly. From what I have heard and saw for myself, Point Judith and The Bay are producing very well, also I would imagine that the waters around Warren & Bristol are good also. The fish are here but are looking for live bait....

JohnR
05-14-2002, 10:25 AM
CHF - howze things?

Some plugs that work like herring imitators like Beachmaster Swimmers, Olive Mambos, and Darters in a rip can also fool bass searching for herring. Doesn't always work but I have had a couple times when I've had a little more success than the live herring guys. Live bait "should" be better most of the time though... Got Wood?

Cool_Hand_Fluke
05-14-2002, 10:30 AM
Do the shops that way stock live bait or is it a purely "get it on your own" type of deal?

JohnR
05-14-2002, 10:39 AM
Get your own: livewell, net, fresh water permit, float basket, Wednesday thru Saturday. No taking of herring Sunday to Tuesday...

Wood might be easier.... I'd go with you but between junk knee & Mo-in-Law in town, I'm outta da game....

Cool_Hand_Fluke
05-14-2002, 10:53 AM
That sounds a tad to complicated for just a 48 hour fishing blitz.

I'll stick with the wood.

bloocrab
05-14-2002, 04:55 PM
hey Luke.....don't forget to bring up some 6" Storm Lures...those babies were working wonders for me last night....:D

...Korkers??...you could manage without them...(but I'd bring them :D:D:D) ~ (like you have the room right?..:rolleyes:;))

fishweewee
05-14-2002, 07:57 PM
That's awesome Tim.

Cool_Hand_Fluke
05-14-2002, 08:34 PM
Hey wee wee...I don't know if that schtick plays up here. :D :D