View Full Version : Wily Mo

Bigcat
08-03-2006, 09:55 AM
Let me say I did not like the trade that brought him here, and the first few weeks of the season he looked like crap in the field and the plate.
It looks like the coaching he been getting has helped in the field and at the plate.
Did anyone see his homer last night? As the late Ned Martin would say Holy Crow What a Shot:bgi:

The Dad Fisherman
08-03-2006, 10:21 AM
That ball was crushed......I was with you too on the trade...thought he was terrible the 1st few weeks he was here......Glad he's proving me wrong

MrHunters
08-03-2006, 10:30 AM
hes not a center fielder for sure.... that was just painful to watch at the begining of the season... that and his track short track record at fenway was below poor so knee jerk reactions were warranted....

hes shaping up though... he is certainly a big boy, which helps get that ball out of the park right quick!

fishsmith
08-03-2006, 10:34 AM
they say his development was screwed up because he was thrown into the fire to quickly by the spankee's, he was drafted at 16yrs old.
Lets hope he comes to fruition with the Sox like BIG PAPI did.
When he hit the wall with the broken bat the other night, you know this guy is powerful.

vineyardblues
08-03-2006, 11:56 AM
YUP, and he just got that little bone in his wrist removed as I remember....
Now if we can get him to shave his face :bl:
VB