View Full Version : POLL--NEW COVER

STRIPER77
05-14-2002, 07:55 PM
Some people want Anthony off the cover. Someone said Lapinski. From the photos I'm not sure which is bigger. The poll would be---From now 'til Dec. 31 why not have the cover feature the largest Striper so far.:smash:

JohnR
05-14-2002, 08:26 PM
I don't think it needs to be the biggest fish - just something which says that the bigger fish are showing in a certain sign that the BIG gals are just around the corner. T.Lapinski's fish does that, and so does Anthony's Weakie. I'm not saying kick him off the front page, he's probably been fishing more and harder than 90% of us so far this spring, I'm just saying that we should rotate in what we can for this time of year, kicking off an new season...

Just don't think I'm being against Anthony on the front page - I was using the smileys ;) ....

So who does have the biggest so far? Mine was mid twenties but it was on a boat so that doesn't count :laughs:

Just kidding :smash: :hihi: :hee:

AnthonyN
05-15-2002, 12:13 AM
No offense taken! I caught that 20.5 lbs (37") fish on April 26th just when the west wall was heating up :) That was good to show the bigger fish were in. Now that weakies got some competion :) but I'm all for change besides this is a striped bass site so I'll put my vote for Lapinski :)

Now wheres my 30#???? :( Maybe this week!

IRL
05-15-2002, 09:17 AM
I think a picture of a weak would be cool
Out of all my years in the salt I don't have one to my name
I dream of the day

Scotch Bonnet
05-15-2002, 10:40 AM
How about a surf pic and a boat pic. If this flippin wind stops I'll be able to get the boat out before my vaca is over :af: :af: :af:

Saltheart
05-15-2002, 10:42 AM
I got no problem with squeategue or fluke or Taug or anything legal in the picture. I think we should change the picture often just to see different smiling faces. Maybe every two weeks or so we change the picture. I don't think a big fish is needed for the picture. Any fish that makes the catcher smile is good enough.

STRIPER77
05-15-2002, 07:34 PM
You guys are starting to sound like the St. Croix Adv. " OK you wuss ". I think anyone on this site can catch a bunch of schoolies, accidental weakies, harbor blues, etc. I think to be on the cover you should have the biggest - to date.( Striper---on my computer this site says Striped-Bass New England ) If John wants to split the screen for other fish--great. I have a hard time typing--so I'm not knowlegible ( spell-check) of what can be done with a computer. But my vote stays for Largest Striped-Bass to date. :smash:

bassmaster
05-15-2002, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by AnthonyN
No offense taken! I caught that 20.5 lbs (37") fish on April 26th just when the west wall was heating up :) That was good to show the bigger fish were in. Now that weakies got some competion :) but I'm all for change besides this is a striped bass site so I'll put my vote for Lapinski :)

Now wheres my 30#???? :( Maybe this week!
over here:D

AnthonyN
05-16-2002, 03:16 AM
Damn so much for my 30# BM stole it!!! :crying:

Theres always a chance for a 50 :D !!!

GBOUTDOORS
05-16-2002, 06:07 AM
I'm with Saltheart any picture that shows one of us with that fish smile on our face should be good enough. Not all people have the chance to get at that 50# or the time it takes (unless its one of those accidental 50s???) tell me what the heck is an accidental fish:confused: I don't think I have ever seen one could we put a picture of one up so the next time I see one I will know what it is:laughs: :laughs:

JohnR
05-16-2002, 07:44 AM
The problem with that pictures is between the electric blue sweat shirt and electric blue plug, people would think that pic is from the late 80s ;) :laughs: ....

Yer keelin' me! @^%&#$*

bassmaster
05-16-2002, 08:48 AM
sorry.........:laughs: wait till Blood crab gets alold of the pic:p :smash:

JohnR
05-16-2002, 09:56 AM
wait till Blood crab gets alold of the pic

Lookin' forward to it... ;) :laughs:

bassmaster
05-16-2002, 10:00 AM
dang I been sick for a week now......cant take it.......
I hope bloo dont get to midevil on it:smash: :p :D :laughs:
John look at this fish, Fat 19.sumtin and like 33 34"

AnthonyN
05-16-2002, 01:14 PM
I catch all my fish by accident :)

STRIPER77
05-16-2002, 07:13 PM
SORRY if I offended anyone. By accidental I only meant, weakfish aren't often targeted and are caught fishing for other fish. Did it myself last year--beautiful 6.5 # from the surf while jig/plastic for bass.:( :(

nor-easter
05-16-2002, 09:58 PM
You guys want to see a photo that is worthy of publication all over every where should go to FFSW and check out Tony Stetzkos board. He had a 8 year old kid catch a over 30 the other night and what a sweet photo.

bassmaster
05-16-2002, 09:59 PM
Yup Dang skippy, I will be tourtouring Hom tomorrow morning:D

STRIPER77
05-16-2002, 10:20 PM
Would love to see that picture. How do I get there??Can you post a link or give an address?? What's FFSW?I went to Fly Fishing Saltwater--no Tony:confused: :confused:

nor-easter
05-17-2002, 03:38 AM
http://www.flyfishsaltwaters.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=002452

As requested Sir!

JohnR
05-17-2002, 07:35 AM
Wow - great story! Inspiring Kid!

JohnR
05-17-2002, 08:32 AM
OK - In the end, both Mister Lapinski & Mr. Master made the front page....

Serious kudos to Logan at FFSW but hopefully he'll make the front page over there :btu:

Saltheart
05-17-2002, 09:21 AM
That picture at FFSW is the best fishing picture I have ever seen! :) :)

JohnR
05-17-2002, 09:55 AM
Isn't it great?

AnthonyN
05-17-2002, 01:15 PM
That was a great picture!!! Thats what its all about!

bassmaster
05-17-2002, 07:11 PM
WoW...You Put My ugly Mug up there:smash:
Man Me Ugly, Hope I dont make any one run away....
Had a great time today......
Had bass Put hole in new waiders....
Ripped A hook out of My finger...
Caught alot of Bass On Heathen fishing(herring)
And wood I made..
then scouted outer beaches, Then went over to Tony Stetzko and We took Off and Hammerd them things to the tune of Jumbo.....
Im a marked Man with Plugs:smash:
Thanks John.......
BM>)))'>

P.S. My hands are hamburger:smash:

bassmaster
05-17-2002, 07:20 PM
Oh I almost forgot.... I had a fish ,It was Huge....
It was doing the run to the left and then to the right......
In this place I fish all the large do that.....
so after the drag burning on the squidder....
I worked it in, All I wanted was a pic and let Her go:(
so.... as I had the fish close to shore It did its head shake turn and bolt.
So I drop rod and give play to Bass.....
So on the 2nd time The fish was pointed towagd Me....
I pulled the Hook 15 feet from shore in 2 feet of water:smash: :confused: :smash: :( :smash:
Owell It happens.......
I guess the fish Had to Be around low 40s:smash:
stuff Happens.
atleast I lip hook Me Bass:p

JohnR
05-20-2002, 09:38 AM
BTW - here is IRL's friends Ditch Fish:

http://striped-bass.com/images/irl_buddykeepera.jpg

He might snap his arm off trying to one hand it that far off the body :smash:

IRL
05-20-2002, 04:17 PM
well there was a wee bit of celebration going on that night
this picture was taken a little late in the evening.

JohnR
05-20-2002, 04:22 PM
Hehe, nice fish & a sweet pick - I like the flag in the background, I mean where else can you be free and have such fun... Can't be good for the shoulder though (not that I'd mind ;) )

bassmaster
05-20-2002, 10:09 PM
wow Nice fish. Had more in the province lands to the tune of Large:D