View Full Version : I WON!!

MrHunters
08-07-2006, 08:44 AM
Well, no, not really. :hidin: But Saturdays Rhumline tourney in Gloucester was alot of fun.

Being my first tournament it was exciting to see the different ways people went about the day. 9 Hours of fishing and word was not much of signifigance was caught. First was 38lbs and 3rd was 32lbs.

I chose the T&W approach since Ive had some luck this year with it. It only turned out to be somewhat frustrating. Id make a run next to an island and on my return there would be a boat anchored up and chunkin. Also divers were everywhere which made it challenging to put it kindly.

In retrospect maybe I should have gone the chunking route but I havent exactly figured out how to make that real successful yet. Usually Im just surround by seagulls that like to take my bait and deep hooking them is never pleasant.

Oh, I did get a free sausage pepper and onions at the after cookout. So my 20 bucks wasn't a complete waste :)

I'll take my early morning or late afternoon weekdays anyday over weekend fishing on the water :cheers: