View Full Version : M.V. Derby: Huffs Memorial Award

Squidmama
09-04-2000, 06:22 PM
The 55th Annual Martha's Vineyard Striped Bass and Bluefish Derby starts Wednesday, September 13th through Saturday, October 14th, 2000.

The Robert "Huff" Langley, Memorial Award, will be selected at random, from the First Places in the All Tackle Division of each species caught from the Shore.

The Derby Awards Ceremony will be October 15th at 1:00PM at the Atlantic Connection in Oak Bluffs.

Roland and I have donated a Shimano Baitrunner 6500 reel and very special friends of ours, Baitcaster and Fisherwoman, have donated NUMEROUS lures. Neither one of them have met Huff. Also, there's a possibility, that special friends of Huffs, might be donating plugs and a rod.

The Derby Committee said that I could display Huff's picture, at the weigh station in Edgartown, throughout the Derby. Charlie was nice enough to send me his picture, which I blew up and got a nice frame for.

There are alot of memories here. I know I've told this story before, but unpacking, I came across Huff's cell phone number. Last year, as always, before he checked into the Campgrounds, he came to our house. He told me he lost his cell phone. He and I retraced his MANY steps, to no avail. I called his cell phone number, still nothing. 3 days later he finds it in his bait cooler. Oh that Hufster!!

Tears are coming to my eyes as I write this. We love you Huff.
Your memory will always live on as lomg as Roland and I keep coming here.