View Full Version : Stripers In December

KentuckyWindage
08-11-2006, 07:09 AM
Hello. I hope I'm in the right place. It seems to me that most of these threads are for salt water stripers. I have a pretty specific question about Striper fishing at Lake Lanier in North Georgia. Lake Lanier is one of our country's best land locked Striper lakes. I've joined other forums and asked this question with no feedback. So I'm hoping that I might get an answer here. This forum seems to be alot more active than the others I've seen.
I live in Indianapolis, Indiana. Lake Lanier is about a 9 hour drive for me. So I only get to fish it one week a year. Normaly the week after Good Friday in April. This year I have an opportunity to go for a week in December. The week after Christmas. This spring I caught a 14 pounder trolling a Blue Back Herring. Lanier holds many Stripers over 20Lbs, but I'm still waiting for mine. Can anybody tell me what Striper fishing is like in December? The cold isn't an issue with me. Snowmobiling in Michigan's UP is one of my favorite past times. But nothing compares to the knee quivering I get from hualling in a big Striper. I'm trying to figure out if it will be worth my time and money to go on a trip like this.

Thanks for any and all feedbacks!

KentuckWindage

ThrowingTimber
08-11-2006, 07:51 AM
We've got one member here from Kentucky, and another from Indiana, who will definitely help you with your question :jump:

justplugit
08-11-2006, 08:19 AM
Yup, like TT says and they are the best source of info as well as being among the best of people you will find. :D

Welcome to the site KW, and good fishin. :hihi:

Bernzy
08-11-2006, 08:47 AM
Hi KW,

I live in Indy as well. We fish for Stripers 12 months a year although I mostly fish Kentucky and Tennessee. Dec. is a good month to fish.
The water temps are cooler and the fish are active. Bucktail jigs and live bait will both work. In Georgia there may be some topwater action as well.

Bernzy

Clammer
08-11-2006, 05:12 PM
Fishing better in the winter here ///:kewl:

justplugit
08-11-2006, 06:54 PM
Fishing better in the winter here ///:kewl:

Freekin eskimo. :wavey: