View Full Version : This old grill

Island Girl
08-13-2006, 07:15 PM
We have an old gas grill which ended up catching on fire and melting the guts of it. The dementions of it are 25" long, 15" wide and from bottom to the top of the lid inside is about 15". Would this be big enough to smoke blues??? Also how would you go about doing this? Do you fill a can full of wood chips and cook/smoke under charcoal briquets? Where can you find wood chips for smoking? Any info would be helpful :thanks: We have never tried smoking bluefish ourselves but we have tasted it before so we figured to put the grill to use if possible if it does'nt work it's headed to the scrap yard:behead:

redcrbbr
08-13-2006, 11:23 PM
It has been quite a while since I have smoked any fish, but I have seen people smoke fish in a cardboard box so I would say yes you can use your old grill for a smoker. You will have to alter it a bit by eliminating some of the air leaks and rig up some kind of a vent control. I googled up a web site, and there were many. Here is one of them.
http://bbq.about.com/cs/fish/a/aa030400a.htm

When I smoke stuff..usually turkeys, I use some of the old branches from an apple tree we have, just soak them good for about a day.

good luck and save me a slab

Clammer
08-13-2006, 11:39 PM
I/G

I smoked a whole school of BLOOOOOOOOOOS tonight / dropped a depth charge right on them :rocketem:

redcrbbr
08-13-2006, 11:41 PM
your killing me and the blues :laugha:

Clammer
08-13-2006, 11:46 PM
BoB /I,m sorry --I didn,t realize it was you in that school ////

I hope some heavy artillery comes my way shortly :rocketem:

Nebe
08-14-2006, 08:19 AM
the rolling paper that came with Cheech and chong's big bamboo album would be perfect for smokng a bluefish.. :D

whiplash
08-14-2006, 08:34 AM
Thier tough to keep lit!!!:usd:

Clammer
08-14-2006, 09:15 AM
let them soak for a week in gasoline // the burn for 24 hours //
more life cremation :af:

MotoXcowboy
08-15-2006, 12:40 PM
thx for the link redcrbbr :kewl:

the rest of you guys...to fn funny...:hihi:

clammer, what is the prefered bloooofish marinate? I put 112 octane in the bike..should I use that, or should I just save my $ and go with the cheap 87 pump gas? :devil: