View Full Version : I have a question. Can I post up any kind of fishing story on here?

BassyiusMaximus
08-14-2006, 09:04 AM
The reason why I ask is that I don't want to post anything up that is not generally allowed. I just have some fishing stories that I'd like to share with everyone and want to know if it is ok, despite them not being about striped-bass.

To post or not to post, that is the question.

RIJIMMY
08-14-2006, 09:09 AM
my vote would be yes, if in doubt, put in the scuppers

Saltheart
08-14-2006, 09:11 AM
Sure put them up.

afterhours
08-14-2006, 09:12 AM
as long as it's fairly clean i'm sure the bossman would'nt mind.

JohnR
08-14-2006, 09:17 AM
I say this with all due respect, yes, but keep the story to fishing. I really don't want to sound like an ass but some of the previous stories have been tooooo long with detail beyond extreme to the point where I felt it detracted from your story. So understand this for what it is - well intended criticism.

Thanks,

John

BassyiusMaximus
08-14-2006, 09:19 AM
Thank you gentlemen.

If one were to look at my past posts, I believe that they are all 100% clean and legitimate. After all, I type these stories with my 4 year old Nephew, who is a fish and fishing nut, and my 6 year old Neice in mind, I like to have their Mom read them the stores I post because the stories are real and they know I fish and are lucky/fortunate enough to catch fish so they love them. So with your permission, I will now sit down and bang out this weekends story, complete with pics. Thank you for the ground clearance, I will reward you all shortly.

I like to think that I'm entertaining and maybe giving some tips, tricks and strategies to all on the WWW. Here I am, believing that it is a privilege to be able to post a most harmless fishing story on the web, geez, what has come over me?, however, I guess I am just being respectful. I'll just type the story and shut the f-up now.

Skitterpop
08-14-2006, 09:27 AM
Thank you gentlemen.

If one were to look at my past posts, I believe that they are all 100% clean and legitimate. After all, I type these stories with my 4 year old Nephew, who is a fish and fishing nut, and my 6 year old Neice in mind, I like to have their Mom read them the stores I post because the stories are real and they know I fish and are lucky/fortunate enough to catch fish so they love them. So with your permission, I will now sit down and bang out this weekends story, complete with pics. Thank you for the ground clearance, I will reward you all shortly.

I like to think that I'm entertaining and maybe giving some tips, tricks and strategies to all on the WWW. Here I am, believing that it is a privilege to be able to post a most harmless fishing story on the web, geez, what has come over me?, however, I guess I am just being respectful. I'll just type the story and shut the f-up now.

I`ve always liked your posts :wave:

JohnR
08-14-2006, 10:56 AM

I guess what I'm trying to say is that soo many details of the story that do not pertain to the fishing detracts from your fishing story. That's all. (Unless I'm becoming a cantakerous old bastard)

MrHunters
08-14-2006, 11:40 AM
I guess what I'm trying to say is that soo many details of the story that do not pertain to the fishing detracts from your fishing story. That's all. (Unless I'm becoming a cantakerous old bastard)

i really enjoy the stories and the pics.

the first time i read one, i did think it was more of a flexing your muscles type of tone but after seeing your posts i understand that you are trying to entertain us.

that being said if you could perhaps down size the images of your posts so i don't have to scroll left to right. I hardly read long posts and that makes it just that much more difficult. Also JR has a point with the utmost respect and constructive criticism that if it is truely a story worth telling, words can sometimes get in the way. So shorter might sometimes be better. the story call many times tell itself if you know what i mean.

keep it up bassy. i always enjoy seeing the catch.

Swimmer
08-14-2006, 11:57 AM
I think you just coined a new one John, cantakerous old basturd.....................COB, and you might be starting down that road.:jump:

capesams
08-14-2006, 12:07 PM
. (Unless I'm becoming a cantakerous old bastard)

I'll give ya cantakerous bastard,,but you ain't earned the OLD yet,,

Skitterpop
08-14-2006, 12:12 PM
I'll give ya cantakerous bastard,,but you ain't earned the OLD yet,,

Ditto here :devil2:

BassyiusMaximus
08-14-2006, 12:17 PM
I only want to entertain. As for myself?, I LOVE to see pictures and read about fishing. I'm just as obsessed as the next guy and all of us on this site. I'm cheap though. I don't want to pay for magazines and all the stuff that is for sale, so the internet is free and I'm always looking for a good story to read or a report, just to keep my hope up.

I only do what I do because it is what I would want to see. If I was not me and could see my posts, I'd be delighted to see and read about what others have caught and posted up. Am I giving it up for free when I could be getting paid for it?, I'd rather give it away like the fishing Robin Hood. So long as I catch the fish, I'll give the stories away.

JohnR
08-14-2006, 12:32 PM
I only want to entertain. As for myself?, I LOVE to see pictures and read about fishing. I'm just as obsessed as the next guy and all of us on this site. I'm cheap though. I don't want to pay for magazines and all the stuff that is for sale, so the internet is free and I'm always looking for a good story to read or a report, just to keep my hope up.

I only do what I do because it is what I would want to see. If I was not me and could see my posts, I'd be delighted to see and read about what others have caught and posted up. Am I giving it up for free when I could be getting paid for it?, I'd rather give it away like the fishing Robin Hood. So long as I catch the fish, I'll give the stories away.

I like that theory - it's like the Open Source Movement of the Sea :hee: and very much the way I feel about it. Nothing against commercial endeavors - this is a half-assed commercial endeavor at times - but there is also a great need for an open community of like minded individuals... If I hit PowerBall - this is all totoally free :laugha:

Karl F
08-14-2006, 02:31 PM
Welcome aboard J. R. .. altho CS is right, ya ain't got the "old" yet... ;)

MAC
08-14-2006, 03:00 PM
(Unless I'm becoming a cantakerous old bastard)

I concur. But ya can leave the old part out.:laughs:

eelman
08-14-2006, 03:37 PM
Looks like SB has a new resident story teller....:sleeps: Fun to read but I agree with John that sometimes its a little winded and over the top with dramatics.....harmless however...its hard to get though the whole thing....send the stuff to a magazine you may get paid....

I think I will write one, "A night on the Clammer" It will feature real reality!

tattoobob
08-14-2006, 04:55 PM
I love reading a fishing stories, especially when kids are involved, (leave the spots out), when it gets to long I just pass it by, I think 2 paragrph is plenty, and any more is a waste of my time.