View Full Version : Ogunquit Maine Fishing

jdubya
08-16-2006, 04:56 PM
I'm headed up to Ogunquit, ME for labor day weekend with my wife and my mother-in-law :devil2:. I'll need to head out and do some fishing to maintain my sanity. I have done a little research and apparently there is a ton of water to fish up there and the tidal changes are huge. Having never been to ME before, I am looking for any info that can get me started in exploring the waters of Maine. Tackle shops, accessible fishing locations (no secret spots), or any other info or tips you think are beneficial would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jim

Smellfish
08-16-2006, 06:13 PM
You might consider stopping in at Kittery Trading Post and asking them to give you some tips/areas to consider for your trip. Ask the people at the lodging where you might fish. Sometimes they give you more info then you asked for.
Good Luck and Enjoy !!!

gone fishin
08-16-2006, 07:55 PM
Tough access in Ogunquit - there are great spots - there is a bait & tackle shop just before you enter Oq. on rt 1A. He will fill you in.

choggieman
08-17-2006, 07:16 AM
or you could try to sneak a spot on the bunny clark if they have an open charter

Saltheart
08-17-2006, 07:55 AM
There are tons of good looking spots. When I was up there a few years ago , BillB took us to Long sands beach? where we fished mackeral chunks at night. There were fish around.

Remember , in Maine a "big one" is about 36 inches so be happy with whatever you get.

Good Luck.

Ake G
08-17-2006, 09:07 AM
Don't bother bringin' your fishin' gee-yah... Ain't no fish up hee-yah:D

jdubya
08-17-2006, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the help everyone. Just what I was looking for!

nautibuoys
08-17-2006, 08:23 PM
A couple new bait shops opened up this year. Eldredge Bros on Rt1A has been there for a while, has some bait but mostly fly but very good on info. Just before him there is a new bait shop on the left near the Country store, and another one just after York Center. York harbor has some places to fish too.

A couple new places have opened in Wells, one near Haddock Jack's / Hanaford's Plaza and another one just up past Wells Harbor on Rt1A. The bait shop in Wells harbor has great bait and decent folks. You can fish there or head over to the jettys. Moody Beach by the rocks has been fishing well of late.