View Full Version : MV next weekend

Johnny C
08-20-2006, 04:20 PM
I am coming out with a bunch of guys for a batch party. Arrive on thursday night, want to fish friday am before the rest of the crew get there. Any help would be great. I get out there may be once every three years, and fish it less. So I need some help here.
Shore bound, new with the fly rod but love it, ears open, mouth shut!
:cheers:

MrHunters
08-20-2006, 04:38 PM
virtually same deal. going to the vineyard this upcoming weekend, shore bound, will be there friday and saturday.

Mr. Sandman
08-20-2006, 07:09 PM
You should have no problem hookin up. Look for blues, bass (at night and early morning) and bones (early morn) and perhaps an albi (not really here yet). You have not lived until you landed a shore albi on a flyrod. (It is quite a thrill)
Where? For flyrod you will need to seek a place that is fishable for the given wind conditions. Try to get an early shot at menemsha or tashmoo or Big bridge jetties, try chappy, the gut (perfect for fly), or Edgartown (also great for fly) light early. North shore at night for bass. Lobsterville or menemsha (channel or beach to the right). Avoid the high surf and big water spots with the flyrod, save that for a 10.5'er and a habs night'ngale.
For the freshest advice stop in at one of the shops... Plenty of bait and there are fish around most of the time.
Have fun

PS Most of the summer people left today!