View Full Version : maine

PoPin Plug
08-23-2006, 12:48 PM
i dont fish in maine, sooo were are is there good striper fishing in main???? i'm staying down in kittery....... i need a place too fish or i'm gonna freak.... and since i've never fished there umm i dont know how to fish it and rig it and what bait to use soooo if you can give me some info plz........

I NEED TO FISH AND CATCH SOMETHING!

PoPin Plug
08-23-2006, 03:25 PM
plz help i'm desprit......:bc: :bc: :bc:

Fisherwoman
08-23-2006, 03:56 PM
Not real familiar with that area so find a local tackle shop or stop in at kittery trading post and ask them where are some good local area's to fish. Buy yourself some shads, in pearl black back or chartrues if the water is dirty put them on a 3/4 oz jig head or even better buys some storm shads which are already rigged. Then get a top water plug like a cotton cordel pensil popper in chrome a blue back, and go cast in the area's they suggest and you should be golden. I know there is some pretty good water around that area somewhere just not sure or get a map and go try it out.

Finaddict
08-23-2006, 08:09 PM
Fisherwoman is correct ... there is phenomenal coastline there, and a number of key inlets ... just get your lures and head out to a rocky point along the shoreline or entrance to an inlet/river, etc. and start casting. Probably a lot of bloos, so keep an eye out for them ... if you don't favor that kind of thing ... otherwise, stop by Kittery Trading Post and they can provide you with all the detail you need.

PoPin Plug
08-24-2006, 09:17 AM
i might just be going on a deep sea boat or on my familys:jump:

Jonesy
08-24-2006, 12:31 PM
Kittery is great. go to Fort Foster, several great spots, you'll know them when you see them. Also Seapoint Beach around the corner. scout these areas during the day, it's essential.

fish plugs around the rocks or keep it simple and toss mac or herring chunks into the holes between the rocks.