View Full Version : Bait

ofshore
05-21-2002, 08:58 PM
Have had good luck with slugos bucktales and other lures. But only schoolies .Heading out early Sat. morning from Barrington bringing pogy's, clams. Any help on were to go and what to use for some big bass. "I am new to the area",would be greatly apreciated. OS: :confused: :confused:

JohnR
05-21-2002, 09:07 PM
Look on a chart and find the deep drop offs a bit south of barrington and that should be good. A few weeks ago I was fishing off the SE side of Beavertail where DEEP water was within 100-150 feet of shore and we had some nice fish. Rumor has it still good...

05-22-2002, 06:32 AM
Ofshore,
I fished Beavertail a few weeks ago and did okay fishing right off the point in 50-60' of water with herring.

Also in front of the P.J. Lighthouse is picking up on trolling plugs. The mouth of the Galilee channel with live herring should also be a good bet...

I would think with the warming trend we have this week, the water temps should break the 50^ mark again and the fish should be active.. Try early am, or around sunset.

denis
05-22-2002, 08:01 AM
ofshore

you could try churches cove right after the mount hope bridge,noths side,there were lots of good fish taken but all all on live herring.

Clammer
05-22-2002, 07:16 PM
the fish are around where your leaving from/////////////
Mouth of the Warren river,Mill gut on the drop/with live herring
Mouth of the Providence Piver
These are all close to where your running from, If you want to run John & 179 are right

PS montor channel 65 , some fisherman that do well from there are on this channel///
Look for a good size, red fishing boat, thats the pogy boat that has been working S/W of bristol & Bristol harbor

good luck////////////////;)

ofshore
05-22-2002, 08:29 PM
Thanks for all the excellant information guy's. It is really apreciated! Will give report next week. ofshore:) :) :) :) :) :)