View Full Version : Squid along Massachusetts South Shore

Water Treater
08-31-2006, 12:54 PM
Last evening while trolling for bass along ocean ledges on the Massachusetts South Shore I caught numerous large, well-fed blues spitting up 8-inch squid. There were schoolies near the surf line gulp feeding on micro-sized baitfish but with squid around quality bass cannot be far behind. I've been waiting all season for squid to make a showing south of Boston. They're finally here.

PoPin Plug
08-31-2006, 01:27 PM
will striper/bluefish eat squid because i only use them for flounder....

will they eat it whole or in chucks?

^ sorry little slow ^

JFigliuolo
08-31-2006, 01:48 PM
will striper/bluefish eat squid because i only use them for flounder....

will they eat it whole or in chucks?

^ sorry little slow ^

Yes and Yes...

Water Treater
08-31-2006, 02:02 PM
Boy, will they ever! There's a reason striped bass are called "squid hounds".

Toothy bluefish sometimes have unusual table manners when it comes to squid. They often gulp down whole without hardly making a tear anywhere on the body of the squid.

fish4striper
08-31-2006, 02:13 PM
fish with a whole squid double rigged drifted in a rip, hold on!

PoPin Plug
08-31-2006, 02:19 PM
wow i'm stupid:doh: :tooth:

PoPin Plug
08-31-2006, 02:21 PM
haha thats good to know it will save me money on bait becuase i wont have to get more because almost every time i use squid i dont use it all.....

clambelly
08-31-2006, 07:08 PM
3"-5" juvi squid in the canal. the fish have been re-gurgetating them upon retrevial. the squid have also been witnessed being chased right out of the water. i hope we see some of those 8"er's in the canal. if so, get the heavy gear ready, cause those big fish can't be far behind.

PoPin Plug
09-01-2006, 06:36 AM
i'm gonna try the squid today and when i come back i'll tell you how it work..... maybe it will get rid of my schoolie streak..........

PoPin Plug
09-01-2006, 03:25 PM
nothing... absoultly nothing....... i am sooo never useing squid again!

Adrian
09-01-2006, 04:27 PM
I saw a small school of 8" squid in the canal last week-end. There were smaller 2" ones too and the stripers were all over them early on. :uhuh:

ProfessorM
09-01-2006, 08:20 PM
3"-5" juvi squid in the canal. the fish have been re-gurgetating them upon retrevial. the squid have also been witnessed being chased right out of the water. i hope we see some of those 8"er's in the canal. if so, get the heavy gear ready, cause those big fish can't be far behind.

YuP . I seen em in the canal. P.