View Full Version : Will Ernesto be your date for the weekend?

Fish On
08-31-2006, 03:09 PM
http://www.wftv.com/weather/9733331/detail.html

Looking at this track it doesn't seem that Ernesto will be coming our way. Not sure where it goes after Sat 8 AM but hopefully it keeps on going straight north.

Any thoughts on what the weather will be like this weekend? NWS says it aint looking too good....

I asn hoping to get a last shot at the tuna before I head down for the Vineyard Derby.

MakoMike
08-31-2006, 03:46 PM
Ain't looking too good is quite an understatement. I was going to go to the canyon this weekend, but the offshore forecast is calling for 20-30 knot east winds and 7-10 foor seas for both Saturday and Sunday. Think I'll do some paperwork this weekend.

Pete_G
08-31-2006, 10:41 PM
It'll probably be the isobar crunch more then Ernesto itself causing the issues. We're going to be sitting in the middle of the blocking high and Ernesto to some degree. Maybe less rain but plenty of wind? I'm just playing amateur meteorologist, but that would be my guess as to why the NWS has such a negative marine forecast.

6 to 9ft though? I'll beleive it when I see it...

Fish On
09-01-2006, 07:47 AM
Right now it looks like the Bay will be the place to be if you're gonna do it. Any thoughts? Take a look or bag the entire weekend?

RIROCKHOUND
09-01-2006, 07:47 AM
My guess is 6-9ft will be realistic offshore.. between some swell and 20+ E or SE it doest take much.... my grandfather called it the washing machine effect....

NIB
09-01-2006, 08:12 AM
My guess is 6-9ft will be realistic offshore.. between some swell and 20+ E or SE it doest take much.... my grandfather called it the washing machine effect....

sHOULDN'T u BE ON UR HONEY MOON.
cONGRATS BY THE WAY.
oPPs caps lock.:D

RIROCKHOUND
09-01-2006, 08:13 AM
Just got back Wed... real Honeymoon is tropics in January...
coming N this weekend?
PM me if you are... lost your cell ##

devils fiddle
09-01-2006, 09:16 AM
Rods are coming off the boat tonight and are being replaced with board bags. Sun into Monday Island hopping.:humpty: :beat:

blaruffa
09-01-2006, 01:29 PM
I went out today from Falmouth harbor, and is was 2 foot with some 3 and 4 foot swells and a stong east winds. A wet trip.