View Full Version : south east mass boat ramps

flyfish2k
05-23-2002, 09:37 AM
I'm new to boating and just launched my 1st boat this monday at plymouth, noted that there was no dock to pick up driver.
i also saw there are limited parking spots and it costs $5.00 to launch, i was wondering if people could tell me of over spots both public and private in the south shore area.

thanks!
the rookie matt-

fishsmith
05-23-2002, 10:00 AM
http://www.state.ma.us/dfwele/pab/pab_toc.htm#PABsites

I found this in a prior post by doing a search on *ramp*.

If your going south to go to get to Plymouth, try Green Harbor in Marshfield (It's $5 too, but theres docks to make launching an easy one man job).
If your coming north the Ramp by Mass Maritime is good ($5 with dock)
Just over the bridge in Sandwich there is a ramp just inside the eastern side of the canal. (I've never been to this one)

Plymouth has a nice ramp, but at dead low its a slippery mess and to charge $5 and have no dock is just wrong.

Good luck!!!

JohnR
05-23-2002, 01:36 PM
FF2K - welcome to the site :btu:

Also, Scituate has a nice ramp but it can get full fast.... Sweet fishing there too...

mikecc
05-23-2002, 06:32 PM
The state also produces a booklet called Mass saltwater sports fishing guide.
it has most boat ramps in mass , and it's access type.it also lists all bait shops , charter boats and all "licenced" captains & 6 pack charters.
we have them in the shop for all who needs one.

Mike
CCT
M & D's

JohnR
05-23-2002, 06:35 PM
Mike - that link above has the same thing, you might want to put it on your site....

Striper1
05-23-2002, 08:45 PM
Matt if you want to fish Quincy/Weymouth/Boston try The ramp in Weymouth Back River Great ramp and it has docks. Good fishing also close to that ramp;)
Good luck

Got Stripers
05-23-2002, 09:31 PM
What are you talking about John, the fishing around the Scituate area isn't really great, in fact I'd suggest everyone stay around the Plymouth area for good fishing:). Actually all kidding aside, the fishing hasn't been good the last couple years, I hope this year is different, but only time will tell. I'm hoping this weekend to get out and sample the waters and hopefully find me some makeral too.

Van
05-24-2002, 07:57 PM
My buddy fished plymouth last weekend and did real well with mackeral.
I fished Boston today and they are definately up here now.
filled my freezer with macks.'

the ramp in weymouth is good as striper1 suggested, and close to good fishing.
Good Luck:D