View Full Version : Small Tall Bag Feedback

nightfighter
09-04-2006, 08:46 AM
Anyone have feedback on the Aquaskinz small tall bag?? NO dealers around me to look, hold, try on, etc. Thanks

maddog2020
09-04-2006, 09:33 PM
The first thing that bugs me about the original bag was that the strap on the buckle that held down the cover was TOO SHORT - I had it all the way out and it was STILL too darn short. It didn't have the option of being able to add a shoulder strap on it if you didn't want to wear it on a belt. Yeah, you can modify it, but it was a couple of simple fixes for Aquaskinz.

New bag - LONGER cover strap & D rings for the shoulder straps to be added. Unfortunately they REMOVED the side bag which I use to jam my Boga Grip into upside down. :( May be their thinking was that people would use their Boga Grip carrier (nice, but sort of $). I've had some stitching issues with the trim material coming off as well. Hooks get caught in the weave (not same density as prior stuff) as well - 2nd time out I am swearing at the bag because I have to walk back into shore to cut the hooks free off three lures. :(

Make the new taller small bag w/ the missing side pocket like the original and it will be just about perfect! Assuming they don't skimp on the trim material and use a tighter weave like they had on the older bags.

Aquaskinz bags are close to the best bags you can buy. The only other bag that compares are the Van Staal bags, but those are larger single rows or double row bags.. NEITHER are cheap $$!

Many people buy shoulder bags and put plano boxes in them or tape together some tennis ball cans, or shampoo bottles. I found a nice Eddie Bauer bag for $15 and made it into a daytime beach strolling bag- lots of pockets and I keep some lures lose in the front section (plano tray inside or I jammed lures into side pockets for water bottle in double plastic bags..... lol. Doesn't draw a lot of attention like the pricey bags. ;)

FYI - mikecc/M&D's had some of the tall small bags last time I popped in - not sure if he is cleaned out by now or not - call or pm him.

striprman
09-05-2006, 06:16 AM
I just use a 5 gallon bucket that I found on the side of the road. Works great.

nightfighter
09-11-2006, 09:42 AM
After seeing all the options eighteen guys could bring to Cuttyhunk, this is what I found would work best for me to alleviate the weight killing my already torn up shoulders:
The ChrisL combo; Small Aquaskinz bag AND a small tall Aquaskinz, on a nylon ammo belt around the waist. Balance, capacity, no weight on shoulders.