View Full Version : OH WHat A Night !!!!!!!!

Clammer
05-27-2002, 09:16 AM
Yesterday I had a conversation with G/S about the amount of fish and the yearly decline also the f------- wind/////
Well last night evening I watched as the wind dropped off steadly I decided conditions would be good ,with a full moon tides but the clouds covering up
I went a little early ,about 8;30 ---the tide wasn,t moving yet, but in the first three cast I was able to roll one over and catch a fat 6 lbs
About qne hour later things were right, and I was doing well with a steady pick of fish , all on plastics
Well all of a sudden a got a night hatch of cedar worms,you think daytime is tough!!!!!!!!!! after only fifteen minutes of seeing if I could have some success I realized I needed to switch////////
I went back to the truck to get my cedar hatch gear,,,
Well for the next three hours I had conctant fish,sometimes 5 .6 in a row and the slowest at least every third cast
the only reasoned this had to come to a end, was i dropped my glasses and because i down sized I couln,t see to thread the hook
I finally left with fish still there and feeling really good
I guess I caught at least 40 fish GREAT

Match the Hatch It Doesn,t Get any Better!!!!!!!!!:happy: :happy:

JohnR
05-27-2002, 10:32 AM
Very Cool Clamster - over at the non-boat old reliable?

And you didn't call? (I couldn't go anyway - TheBetterHalf went to light up the nickle slots at Foxwoods on "Girls Night Out")...

Clammer
05-27-2002, 11:28 AM
Yea John, But fishing uptide or towards the channel
I thought of calling,But after the post you made to schoolie monster ,, I was afraid I,d add fuel to the fire!!!!!!!!!!!!

Later:smash:

GBOUTDOORS
05-27-2002, 03:14 PM
Glad to hear your into then camdigger but please stop talking up the GS plastic or there won't be any left for us;) I had some fun today with the 7" GS jerk will post picture later:happy:

Got Stripers
05-27-2002, 07:07 PM
I made a new friend today, it's 8 inches long and has a curly tail :).

schoolie monster
05-28-2002, 02:11 PM
GS, I thought you were talkin' about the new friend you made on Thursday.:smash:

JJP
05-28-2002, 03:59 PM
What is Worm Hatch Gear?????? I was fishing a rip the other day with fish on the screen but nothing biting until i noticed the worms, i have no idea what to do when i see the worms.

Clammer
05-28-2002, 04:24 PM
JJP Match the hatch try using the closest lure plug,etc that is the closest in size,lookls to the hatch

This is when the flyrodders usually do well

GOod luck:laughs: ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)