http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/boa/205787408.html

:usd:

MotoXcowboy
09-11-2006, 03:23 PM
:hihi: nice...can ya troll with it
:hidin:

Bob Thomas
09-11-2006, 04:13 PM
Geeze...I could use that to go through the canal and collect all my jigs back...does it hold 5 tons of lead?:conf:

Fish_Eye
09-11-2006, 04:48 PM
It's only for sale because I traded it in for a brand new Seaview sub.

I've always wanted that version of a sub...how many of you out there remember the tv series Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea?

Come to think of it maybe I don't want a Seaview sub, even though it has a killer view from the bow windows, as I remember there wasn't a week when the computer drives weren't going up in thick clouds of smoke and the giant control panel -- a massive collection of blinking lights -- was always flashing out of control, usually a precursor to some kind of catastrophic event -- generally resulting in the Seaview listing 45 degrees to port one second, followed by a 45 degree pitch to starboard...no problem, you could always bail out in the flying sub.

That sereies was no Hunt for Red October, but it was all we had in 64.

When most kids were putting together model airplanes, the first model I glued together was the Nautilus nuclear submarine. What can I say, once a submariner always a submariner.

Ask Sandman, he'll tell ya.

Mike

Megabyte
09-11-2006, 08:08 PM
Yea, but they always survived for another week !

Not that I'm old enough to remember :beat: :beat:

Vermonter
09-11-2006, 08:27 PM
Thats it, we're all far too young (at heart anyway) to remember Admiral Nelson and the crew of the Seaview.

Was that show really on in 64? Would have guessed a couple years later.

striperman36
09-11-2006, 08:38 PM
Premiered: December 14, 1964 Last Aired: December 31, 1968

JohnR
09-12-2006, 06:12 AM
I watched it on reruns when I was about 5, my dad was a fan, along with Star Trek... Don't remember as much though...

DJ Muller
09-12-2006, 10:07 PM
I'm still waiting for the day when a big ugly seal, humps fish_eye right in front of Brenton Point...oh what a day that will be...:rotf3:

Megabyte
09-13-2006, 07:54 AM
On camera ? ? ?

DJ Muller
09-13-2006, 05:11 PM
Hopefully we couod use the laugh.

Fish_Eye
09-14-2006, 07:43 AM
So you want to see me attacked by a seal DJ.:eek5:

Only 9 posts and you're already starting trouble "Speedo-Boy." :pop:

You're going to force me to reveal the true side of DJ Muller. :spin:

Now I understand your seal fixation...the last time we fished together it was under a full moon and while you were out on that last rock, way out off the point, I thought I saw a bit of a transformation take place -- not into a wolf, BUT...

Click on the animation to see for yourself

MotoXcowboy
09-14-2006, 10:53 AM
Hey Mike...I really want to get into diving soon..its always facinated me. My buddy who has been digging quahogs his whole life, hurt his rotator cuff and cant dig anymore. This year he took Dive lessons and got certified last weekend. I think he figured out the work smarter not harder..mentality. He has lit a fire under my butt to get certified and dive with him. I would right now but $ is tight and Dive Gear is EXPENSIVE (for me atleast). Could you recommend some good starter gear to get, and a decent place to get certified?

Also...this topic made me think of these? Do you have something similar?These things look fun.

Fish_Eye
09-14-2006, 11:14 AM
MotoXcowboy,

Try Anderson's Dive shop in East Greenwich, Gary's been doing it forever and he can help you with lessons and perhaps a good deal on used gear. 884-1310

There are a lot reasons to get into diving, including clam slamming....however, when it's a job, it soon becomes work and diving for clams is WORK that is cold, dirty and dangerous.

The fun side of diving is the discovery side of EVERY dive...never had a bad one...ok, I lied, when the visibility is measured in inches, there's a swell running 6' and you're heaving through your snorkel, you tend to forget about those dives.

DJ Muller
09-14-2006, 01:15 PM
Oh boy...:shocked: I think I'm gonna :yak:.